Race Promotion is a key pillar of the group’s business being the live platform which fans can experience the thrill and entertainment of Formula 1. The group has longstanding commercial relationships with a diverse range of race promoters and host cities across the globe and is looking to build on these key external partnerships to drive revenues and build fan engagement. The group is also evaluating race promotion opportunities in new territories to expand its race promotion business.
The Commercial Analyst will provide strategic commercial support to help inform, develop, and optimise all Race promotion commercial engagement with both current and new race promoters and host cities.
The role will report into the Director of Race Promotion and also involve working closely with the Commercial Development function within the Race Promotion Team and internally with other F1 departments to help inform the sales narrative
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Data driven analysis and insight of key host oriented KPIs to inform sales narrative for renewal conversations Provide insight to Formula 1’s future tangible and intangible value to hosts, across both governments and private promoters, as well as ensuring the value to F1’s brand continues to grow.
- Support in the development of new aspects to F1’s hosting proposition that drives new revenue opportunities for F1 and hosts and ultimately helps deliver incremental growth for hosts and justifies increased race promotion fees
- Commercial support across all Race Promotion engagements to ensure relationship is economically sustainable over the lifetime of the deal
- Strategic support on new host engagement process to develop the proactive approach to the market, including how this process helps optimise renewal discussions
- Support in defining F1’s future hosting landscape model, including, market evaluation, global calendar planning and go to market approach
- Key growth market analysis and insight to inform future host prospecting
- Support the Director in the development of the future calendar
- Proven extensive international experience in live events/sports industry
- Have a good understanding of host city benefits and how rights and assets can be leveraged for mutual benefit within a host city/rights holder relationship
- Experience with dealing with government stakeholders
- Confidence and ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills; flexible and ‘can do’ attitude.
- English fluency – spoken and written.
- A second language would be an advantage
- Highly independent, performance driven and comfortable working in a global environment, under pressure and to tight deadlines but within a team environment.