We govern the beautiful game and ensure it's run with transparency and integrity.
Join our team in Miami and support us on our mission.
These are your key tasks:
- Handle all matters concerning regulatory governance, in particular in relation to the FIFA Statutes and the FIFA Governance Regulations, and cooperate with the Member Associations Governance and Services Department in governance matters of Member Associations.
- Provide substantial comments and feedback to regulatory projects, legal documents and general matters related to all FIFA Regulations, commentaries/explanatory notes, memos and similar.
- Provide responses to regulatory enquiries from all internal and external football stakeholders.
- Handle complex investigations into possible breaches of FIFA Regulations, notably the FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players, FIFA Football Agent Regulations, FIFA Clearing House Regulations, and others.
- Gather and assess evidence, prepare case files and reports for disciplinary proceedings before the FIFA judicial bodies.
- Have an active role in the general management of such investigations: drafting correspondence, reports, methodology guidelines, setting up a database of relevant decisions and jurisprudence, and actively participating in working groups to improve the efficiency and legal accuracy of the processes, among others.
- Monitor the international transfer system and the activities of all involved stakeholders for possible breaches of FIFA Regulations.
- Manage and supervise administrative cases of minor infractions.
- Develop and administer compliance education programs for internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop creative approaches to tackle non-compliant behaviours, including through cooperation with external stakeholders and organisations.
- Research and analysis of the jurisprudence of FIFA and CAS.
- Mentor other team members, advising on substantive legal matters, as well as efficient ways to allocate time and resources.
We work hard at FIFA.
We are dedicated, ambitious and innovative.
And we respect our values. Always.
For all roles, we seek talented people with an entrepreneurial spirit and a global mindset.
The specific competencies we require for this position are:
- At least 5 years post-qualification experience, either in a law firm, sports governing body, football stakeholder or sports organisation.
- Accuracy and detail orientation, combined with a pragmatic approach when solving problems.
- Autonomy and excellence, positively impacting the efficiency and quality, resulting in an optimal service to the stakeholders.
- Strong sense of responsibility and accountability.
- Critical judgement: ability to separate essential issues from side-issues and to set the right priorities when allocating resources to investigate regulatory breaches.
- Self-confidence and diplomacy.
- Solution orientation and innovation skills, with great ability to embrace changes and new technologies and processes.
- Fluent in English.
- Proficiency in at least one other FIFA language (F / ES).
- Proficient use of MS Office Applications.
- Readiness for stand-by duties.
PERKS & BENEFITS
The biggest benefit of a career at FIFA is the privilege to work for the beautiful game and create something that matters.
Alongside that privilege, we also offer some extra perks and benefits:
Health insurance: We offer generous medical, vision, and dental insurance coverage.
Continuous learning: We care about your development and encourage internal mobility, offering a variety of training and education to help achieve it.
Retirement: We offer generous 401(k) employer contributions.
Vacation: Maintain a healthy work/life balance with a generous vacation allowance.
We are FIFA, the global governing body for football.
Our vision is to make football truly global, diverse and inclusive, for the benefit of the entire world. The last FIFA World Cup in Qatar in 2022 attracted more than 5 billion viewers and the last FIFA Women's World Cup in Australia and New Zealand in 2023 was the greatest-ever FIFA Women's World Cup that inspired millions of girls and women around the globe. The opportunities for growth are exciting.
We are a modern organisation with over 850 passionate employees who are Living Football every day. Our headquarters are based in Zurich, Switzerland, and we have offices in Miami and Paris, plus eleven regional offices from New Zealand to India, Congo, Panama and Paraguay.