Reporting organisationally to the Director of Infrastructure and Technical Service, the Manager, Venue Design Cluster will be a key member of the FIFA26 Infrastructure and Technical Service team, and work in close collaboration with FIFA Zurich key collaborators and other key individuals responsible for managing and producing Venue designs for all confirmed sites (focusing on space & area allocation and the visualisation of event operational planning) in dedicated cluster (2 to 5 venues).
The main responsibilities and oversights of the Manager, Venue Design Cluster for the FIFA World Cup 26™ include:
• Managing and leading the Venue Designers in Cluster Venues
• Creating and updating a wide range of operational and detailed technical and drawings, according to standards and checklists
• Development of overlay plans & designs to reflect the level of detail required at each phase of the project
• Design of temporary overlay structures and facilities ensuring designs comply with local codes and building practices.
• Supporting and collaborating with FIFA Functional Areas and external stakeholders
• Continuous and consistent consultancy and monitoring the performance of external stakeholders regarding Drawing requirements, standards and production schedules, Raw data acquisition, processing and drawing production and Publication, distribution and storing of Venue Designs
• Organisation of regular review meetings to process any change requirements or approvals around Designs
• Working in conjunction with Stadium’s and Training Sites’ Technical teams to prepare, implement and monitor weekly, monthly and annual schedules to ensure smooth delivery
• Obtain the necessary approvals from various stakeholders & design integration / incorporation of supplier / construction drawings into venue designs
• Manage overlay design scope, implement change management processes for venues within responsibility
• Undertake technical studies to evaluate options or validate proposals for venue design & overlay
• Pragmatic, ability to simplify complex situations and solution oriented. Ability to identify and evaluate existing or potential problems and to identify the various aspects, to detect the causes and any links between them
• Interpersonal skills and collaborator
• Leadership skills to identify, lead and manage diverse teams with different skills and different expert knowledge
• Good presentation and negotiation skills with internal and external stakeholders
• Manage the efficient use of resources. Gather and record information to develop trend data and analyse past usage. Make recommendations for improving the best use of resources and the academy facility.
• Good expert knowledge in minimum one of the following domains; Pitch & Stadium Bowl, Guest & Hospitality, Media & Broadcast, Ticketing & Seating
• Bachelor degree in architecture, engineering, construction
• 3-5 years of experience in generating technical drawings (preferably within an architect’s or construction office), maintaining drawing standards and producing multi-project maps & drawings
• Great understanding of the technical complexity of a stadium with additional World Cup needs
• Passion for Football and other sports
• Minimum 5 years or more in Venue Design projects or Stadium / Sport Buildings construction
• Minimum 2 years or more FIFA World Cup or other similar major Football tournaments experiences
• English but preferably in combination with other languages such as Spanish, Portuguese, French, etc.
• Office 365
• MS Project, Planner, Trello or other Project Management Tools
• Miro Board, Whiteboard, Figma
• Autodesk applications (AutoCAD, Revit, BIM 360, Autodesk Construction Cloud, etc.)
The FIFA World Cup 26™ will mark the first time that the tournament features 48 teams and will be hosted by three countries: Canada, Mexico, and the United States.
This new format redefines excellence, generating unique opportunities for greater participation and engagement from fans and players in North America and all over the world. Now is your time to be a game changer and join the workforce that is planning and delivering this unique and unforgettable experience.