Reporting organisationally to the Senior Manager, Teams and Referees Accommodation, the Manager, Teams Accommodation will be a key member of the FIFA26 Operational Services team, and work in close collaboration with the FIFA Zurich Project team and other key individuals responsible for delivering lodging and hotel-related arrangements for the event, ensuring a smooth and comfortable experience for teams, participants and attendees while providing leadership to Accommodations function. Further, this role will have a range of responsibilities, including the selection and contracting of hotels, room allocations and reservations, room inventory management, account management specific to teams and overall quality assurance.
The main responsibilities and oversights of the Manager, Teams Accommodation for the FIFA World Cup 26™ include:
- Lead and/or support in the selection and contracting process of, but not limited to team’s hotels, ensuring they meet quality standards, capacity requirements, and comply with all necessary contractual obligations.
- Work within the overall accommodation strategy, considering the diverse needs of teams, officials, core and non-core guests.
- Manage team’s accommodations within the budget, tracking expenditures and optimizing cost efficiencies without compromising quality and comfort.
- Oversee hotel room blocks, meeting space, F&B, AV, team hotel requirements, hotel communications and reservation management
- Collaborate closely with Team Services department to meet needs and request from team
- Organize site visits and be responsible for on-site operations and hotel management
- Lead individuals as part of the project team during preparation, on-site operation and reconciliation phase of FWC26
- Uphold and enforce high standards of customer service, ensuring participants and guests have a memorable and enjoyable experience during their stay.
- Establish and manage relationships with the hotel industry to provide the best overall value to FIFA and PMA’s
- Ensure records of accommodation bookings, rooming lists, and related information comply with data integrity and protection regulations.
- Manage the reconciliation, billing and closeout for assigned teams
- Support in the implementation of contingency plans to address unforeseen changes, cancellations, or emergencies in accommodation arrangements.
- Provide support as necessary for various ancillary projects taking place in the leadup to the World Cup.
- Stay updated with industry trends, regulations, best practices and innovations in the accommodation environment, applying relevant knowledge to enhance the overall accommodation operation for the FIFA World Cup 2026.
- Bachelor’s Degree or similar level of education
- Minimum of ~3 years of work experience in the hospitality industry
- Strong communication skills – oral and written
- Experience managing complex projects
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Ability to lead a team
- Fluent in English. Spanish and/or French proficiency is a plus
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio & Project) and planning software and online collaboration tools
The FIFA World Cup 26™ will mark the first time that the tournament features 48 teams and will be hosted by three countries: Canada, Mexico, and the United States.
This new format redefines excellence, generating unique opportunities for greater participation and engagement from fans and players in North America and all over the world. Now is your time to be a game changer and join the workforce that is planning and delivering this unique and unforgettable experience.