Reporting organisationally to the Head of Accommodation, the Accommodation Manager will be a key member of the FIFA26 Operational Services team, and work in close collaboration with the FIFA Zurich Project team and other key individuals responsible for delivering Accommodation efforts for the FIFA World Cup 2026 that for the first time ever, is hosting 48 teams and 1,200+ players across 3 countries and 16 venues. This role will be responsible for managing lodging and hotel-related arrangements for the event, ensuring a smooth and comfortable experience for participants and attendees while providing leadership to entire Accommodations function. Further, this role will have a range of responsibilities, including the selection and contracting of hotels, room allocations and reservations, room inventory management, account management, quality assurance, and overall management of aspects related to accommodations for the event.
The main responsibilities and oversights of the Accommodation Manager for the FIFA World Cup 26™ include:
- Lead and/or support in the selection and contracting process of VIP, Staff, Team, and other hotels, ensuring they meet quality standards, capacity requirements, and comply with contractual obligations.
- Support in the execution of the overall accommodation strategy, considering the diverse needs of participants, teams, officials, core and non-core guests.
- Management of a cluster of cities accommodations within the budget, tracking expenditures and optimizing cost efficiencies without compromising quality and comfort.
- Oversee hotel room block, hotel communications and reservation management
- Organize site visits and be responsible for on-site operations and hotel management
- Lead portions of the respective project team during preparation, on-site operation and reconciliation phase of FWC26
- Uphold and enforce high standards of customer service, ensuring participants and guests have a memorable and enjoyable experience during their stay.
- Establish and manage relationships with the hotel industry and with the different Functional Areas within FIFA26 to ensure records of accommodation bookings, rooming lists, and related information comply with data integrity and protection regulations.
- Manage the reconciliation, billing and closeout for assigned cities
- Manage staff as pertaining to the portion of the event
- Support in the implementation of contingency plans to address unforeseen changes, cancellations, or emergencies in accommodation arrangements.
- Lead and provide support as necessary for various ancillary projects taking place in the leadup to the World Cup.
- Stay updated with industry trends, regulations, best practices, and innovations in the accommodation environment, applying relevant knowledge to enhance the overall accommodation operation for the FIFA World Cup 2026.
- Bachelor’s Degree or similar level of education
- Fluent in English. Spanish and/or French proficiency is a plus
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio & Project) and planning software and online collaboration tools
The FIFA World Cup 26™ will mark the first time that the tournament features 48 teams and will be hosted by three countries: Canada, Mexico, and the United States.
This new format redefines excellence, generating unique opportunities for greater participation and engagement from fans and players in North America and all over the world. Now is your time to be a game changer and join the workforce that is planning and delivering this unique and unforgettable experience.