We govern the beautiful game and ensure it's run with transparency and integrity.
Join our team in Miami and support us on our mission.
These are your key tasks:
- Process all matters related to training rewards arising as a result of the Electronic Player Passport (EPP) process within the Clearing House, which shall include: analyzing documentation, requesting additional information from parties, validating and issuing decisions.
- Handle legal cases related to the EPP review process and training rewards claims on behalf of FIFA, escalating to the Dispute Resolution Chamber of the Football Tribunal if needed.
- Communicate and reply to inquiries by stakeholders regarding the FIFA Clearing House framework and process or specific cases, using a ticketing tool.
- Interact as requested with any other relevant internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to the TMS and Operations teams, Regulatory Governance & Compliance Department, Disputes & Regulatory Applications Department, FIFA Disciplinary Committee, Litigation team, the Dispute Resolution Chamber of the Football Tribunal and others.
- Provide substantial comments and feedback to legal documents and general matters related to training rewards, including draft Regulations, commentaries, explanatory notes, memos, presentations and similar.
- Research and analyze the decisions on training rewards of the FIFA General Secretariat, the FIFA Football tribunal and CAS, contributing to a database of relevant jurisprudence.
- Provide support to the Team Lead and Head of Department, supporting the execution of the strategy of the Department.
- Mentor other junior team members, advising on legal matters and case management.
We work hard at FIFA.
We are dedicated, ambitious and innovative.
And we respect our values. Always.
For all roles, we seek talented people with an entrepreneurial spirit and a global mindset.
The specific competencies we require for this position are:
- University degree in law.
- Master’s degree in international law, sports, business, economics or related field.
- At least 5-8 years of relevant experience, in a legal/regulatory position within an international environment.
- Understanding of football law, the international transfer system, its regulatory framework and the TMS platform are an asset.
- Accuracy and detail orientation, combined with a pragmatic approach when solving problems.
- Autonomy and excellence, positively impacting the efficiency and quality, resulting in an optimal service to the stakeholders.
- Strong sense of responsibility and accountability.
- Critical judgement: ability to separate essential issues from side-issues.
- Solution orientation and innovation skills, with great ability to embrace changes and new technologies and processes.
- Fluent in English, proficiency in any other FIFA language (French and/or Spanish) desired.
- Proficient in Excel / Word / PowerPoint.
- Good knowledge and command of IT systems and tools like TMS, JIRA, Power BI, and ticketing tools like Freshdesk.
PERKS & BENEFITS
The biggest benefit of a career at FIFA is the privilege to work for the beautiful game and create something that matters.
Alongside that privilege, we also offer some extra perks and benefits:
Health insurance: We offer generous medical, vision, and dental insurance coverage.
Continuous learning: We care about your development and encourage internal mobility, offering a variety of training and education to help achieve it.
Retirement: We offer generous 401(k) employer contributions.
Vacation: Maintain a healthy work/life balance with a generous vacation allowance.
We are FIFA, the global governing body for football.
Our vision is to make football truly global, diverse and inclusive, for the benefit of the entire world. The last FIFA World Cup in Qatar in 2022 attracted more than 5 billion viewers and the last FIFA Women's World Cup in Australia and New Zealand in 2023 was the greatest-ever FIFA Women's World Cup that inspired millions of girls and women around the globe. The opportunities for growth are exciting.
We are a modern organisation with over 850 passionate employees who are Living Football every day. Our headquarters are based in Zurich, Switzerland, and we have offices in Miami and Paris, plus eleven regional offices from New Zealand to India, Congo, Panama and Paraguay.