We govern the beautiful game and ensure it's run with transparency and integrity.
Join our team in Miami and support us on our mission.
FIFA is seeking a highly skilled and experienced professional to join our team as an Audit & Advisory Manager. The successful candidate will be based in Miami, FL, and will play a crucial role in leading and managing audit engagements while providing strategic advisory services to internal clients. The position requires a combination of technical expertise and the ability to provide valuable insights for the overall business success.
These are your key tasks:
- Assisting the Director of Compliance, Audit, Risk & Advisory in the development and execution of risk-based audit and advisory projects, including FIFA-specific reviews.
- Conducting audits of financial, operational, compliance, and information technology (IT)-related risk areas, including developing the audit scope, understanding various business processes, developing and executing sample testing, analyzing results, and communicating recommendations for improvement.
- Conducting kick-off and closing meetings with the business units and senior management to convey the significance of audit or advisory related observations, conclude on findings and suggest value added recommendations.
- Performing walkthroughs, document processes and test design/operating effectiveness of internal controls.
- Planning and performing advisory services, which aim to improve various internal processes at FIFA and to enhance efficiency, effectiveness and business growth opportunities.
- Producing formal audit and advisory reports to communicate results and observations to management in a comprehensive and understandable manner.
- Independently managing follow-up of open audit issues and facilitating agreement with business process owners to ensure timely closure of action plans (with assistance of semi-automated online tools).
- Assisting external auditors with performing internal control testing to increase internal audit leverage during the year-end financial audit.
- Assisting in other ad-hoc projects and requests related to audit, advisory or risk management at FIFA.
We work hard at FIFA.
We are dedicated, ambitious and innovative.
And we respect our values. Always.
For all roles, we seek talented people with an entrepreneurial spirit and a global mindset.
The specific competencies we require for this position are:
- Degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Audit or a related field.
- CIA, CPA, CISA or other relevant certification is an asset.
- 8+ years of working experience with Internal or External Audit or Advisory services (Big 4 experience is a plus).
- Experience in preparing high-quality explanatory documents, work papers or memoranda and reports in a timely manner for senior management and independent committees.
- Experience working in a cross-functional, multi-stakeholder environment.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships and establish trust, respect and confidence.
- Strong attention to detail with a proactive approach to preventing, identifying, and resolving issues.
- Risk-based thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) effectively at all levels within an organization; compiling audit recommendations and preparing reports will comprise a significant portion of this role.
- Ability and willingness to understand and learn new processes and concepts, including FIFA-specific topics.
- Reliable team player.
- Positive and friendly attitude.
- Sense of professionalism, independent judgment and an exceptional work ethic.
- Responsible for maintaining confidential information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of SharePoint and Power BI or a similar tool is an asset.
- Knowledge in application of data analytics to improve business performance and controls.
- Willingness to travel to other FIFA locations.
- Fluency in English and one of the other FIFA languages a must (French, Spanish); Proficiency in Spanish is an asset.
PERKS & BENEFITS
The biggest benefit of a career at FIFA is the privilege to work for the beautiful game and create something that matters.
Alongside that privilege, we also offer some extra perks and benefits:
Health insurance: We offer generous medical, vision, and dental insurance coverage.
Continuous learning: We care about your development and encourage internal mobility, offering a variety of training and education to help achieve it.
Retirement: We offer generous 401(k) employer contributions.
Vacation: Maintain a healthy work/life balance with a generous vacation allowance.
We are FIFA, the global governing body for football.
Our vision is to make football truly global, diverse and inclusive, for the benefit of the entire world. The last FIFA World Cup in Qatar in 2022 attracted more than 5 billion viewers and the last FIFA Women's World Cup in Australia and New Zealand in 2023 was the greatest-ever FIFA Women's World Cup that inspired millions of girls and women around the globe. The opportunities for growth are exciting.
We are a modern organisation with over 850 passionate employees who are Living Football every day. Our headquarters are based in Zurich, Switzerland, and we have offices in Miami and Paris, plus eleven regional offices from New Zealand to India, Congo, Panama and Paraguay.