The Detroit Tigers are looking for a self-motivated, knowledgeable individual to serve as a member of the Comerica Park maintenance department. This person will be responsible for supporting the maintenance department in the proper operation, maintenance, and repair of all Comerica Park amenities and its property. This is an hourly position with benefits as outlined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between SEIU Local 1 and the Detroit Tigers, Inc. and is not limited to working days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Proactively seek to uphold standards across facility through needs such as patch, painting, waterproofing, repairs to doors, windows, drywall, etc.
- Repairs and restoration (i.e. tables, doors, fencing, gate, lavatories, partitions, ceilings, tile and carpet repairs)
- Assist with repair and maintenance of mechanical problems and any unsafe conditions
- Safely and properly operate hand tools as well as stationary and mobile tools & equipment
- Safely operate mobile equipment including but not limited to electric carts, scissor lifts, forklifts and boom lifts
- Support baseball and non-baseball events including but not limited to concerts, meetings, weddings, and large gatherings
- Keep all stadium seats and related equipment and fixtures in good working order.
- Assist with safely covering the field with the field tarp, as needed.
- Responds to emergency or urgent situations as required.
- Opens clogged drains, fixes leaks, and performs other simple plumbing jobs.
- Performs simple carpentry tasks, such as installing shelves, hooks, or closet rods.
- Hang/move pictures, white boards, corkboards and attend to other office needs.
- Assist with general maintenance of equipment related to HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing as necessary
- Maintains tools and equipment in working order; keeps maintenance room in neat condition.
- Maintain a safe working environment, adhering to professional standards, building policies
- Facilitate and assist with cleaning task around the facility
- Snow and ice removal for sidewalks, concourse, and walkway safety
- Perform litter patrol for upkeep of property
- Haul garbage within assigned areas
- Duties include but are not limited to the items listed above. As the need arises, other duties will be assigned that may be necessary to maintain the property in a clean, safe and healthy condition.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Broad knowledge of materials, methods, tools, and safety precautions involved in the construction and repair of building amenities. Public assembly preferred.
- Possess general knowledge of building repairs and skills
- Working knowledge and safe use of general shop and hand tools
- Ability to operate forklift, scissor lift and boom lift. Certified or able to be certified required.
- Physical ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, climb, lift, push and pull in extreme heat and/or cold conditions
- Must be able to work well with others
- Must be able to perform essential functions of the position without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of themselves and others
- Outdoors and office environment.
- Position will need to work in various weather conditions.
- Position will be required to work evenings, weekends, holidays, etc.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and move with large bulking items.
- Ability to work at heights greater than 25 feet
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.