Oversee all marketing operations for Tigers Spring Training and Lakeland Flying Tigers season to ensure revenue growth, increase fan affinity and boost customer engagement.
- Oversee all marketing related to Tigers Spring Training and Lakeland Flying Tigers efforts including, but not limited to, in-house production for collateral, in-house placement of traditional media, external agency for paid social campaigns and grass-roots efforts.
- Manage and maintain Lakeland Flying Tigers website and team operated social media channels and serve as liaison with MLBAM.
- Create, implement and execute comprehensive annual advertising campaign to support and grow all forms of revenue related to Tigers Spring Training and Lakeland Flying Tigers.
- Oversee paid social media campaign and track efficiencies and effectiveness of campaigns.
- Serve as Liaison with the Creative Services department on the creation of collateral material, creative for traditional marketing ads including print ads, radio & television commercials, outdoor creative, sales brochures and other event/team collateral.
- Execute marketing activities at home games, community events and engage in promotion activities as necessary including producing post-game and event recaps.
- Oversee stadium signage production and installation for corporate partners, City of Lakeland, Tigers & Flying Tigers branding and concessions partner.
- Oversee all research and strategy regarding increasing fan base and revenues.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in marketing, communications, and/or management.
- Minimum seven years of progressively responsible sports/entertainment marketing and communications experience.
- Minimum three years supervising a marketing staff.
- Possess the highest integrity and ethical standards.
- Highly organized, self-directed business style, with strong ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Keen ability to think strategically and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to collaborate and interact with key organizational stakeholders, including ticket sales, corporate partnership, media relations and community relations.
- Demonstrated staff development skills in order to properly train and develop staff to met objectives.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must have high degree of poise and professionalism when interacting with internal and external contacts.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify marketing opportunities and to create and implement media strategies.
- Strong judgment skills and strong problem resolution.
- Proven experience managing a budget.
- Experience in the sports industry preferred.
- Ability to work long hours holidays and weekends.
- Outdoors and office environment.
- Position will need to work in various weather conditions.
- Position is required to work evenings, weekends, holidays, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.