The hockey growth initiatives assistant is responsible for aiding in the development, implementation, and progression of a wide range of programs for the sports and entertainment group. Centered around enhancing the lives of children through the power of sport, community impact assistants provide seasonal support in one of three main areas – outreach and engagement, sport participation and growth, or fundraising and development.
- Assist with the research, development, execution, and evaluation of youth sport participation programming focused on growing the game of baseball or hockey locally and supporting League-generated game growth initiatives.
- Support community-based and in-venue events including grassroots youth sports programming, equipment collections and distributions, athlete or front office appearances, and special experiences.
- Assist in creating program summaries for the website, social media, and team publications in cooperation with the media relations and marketing departments
- Responsible for maintaining the youth sports athlete and parent database, including regular correspondence to ensure continued connection with the team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The ideal candidate must be at least a college senior or recent college graduate.
- The ideal candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ideal candidate must have excellent customer service and organizational skills.
- The ideal candidate must possess analytic, strategic, communications, and interpersonal skills.
- The ideal candidate must be available full-time.
- The ideal candidate must be willing to work longs hours, including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.