The Associate Development Program is a paid 12-month full-time (temporary) experience designed for new or recent graduates who are looking to grow their professional sports experience. The format allows for structured professional development and hands-on learning.
The Stadium & Event Operations Associate will provide support to Stadium Operations staff at Soldier Field as well as the Event Operations team at Halas Hall. The duties in the role are dynamic and requires a collaborative style given the high coordination with other internal and external departments. A versatile, creative, and hard-working individual is sought to handle both operational and administrative responsibilities. This role will work regularly at Soldier Field (Chicago, IL) and our headquarters at Halas Hall (Lake Forest, IL).
Program Dates: Monday, June 3, 2024 – Friday, May 23, 2025
Who We Are
As one of the founding franchises of the NFL, family is the core of who we are. We’re different from other companies. Our people represent a vast array of cultural backgrounds, human experiences and perspectives and we believe they, collectively and as authentic individuals, are our greatest resource. Our working environment is one where your talent and contributions are valued by the organization and the community. We believe every person matters and we can collectively achieve success through integrity, respect, a team-first mentality, open communication, and trust.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The Chicago Bears organization continues to deepen its commitment to establishing an inclusive, equitable work environment that reflects the diversity within our communities and fan base. We value, respect, and appreciate diversity at all levels, on and off the field, and are guided by a vision of success that includes integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion into our club's DNA and culture.
As such, we recognize the additional hurdles marginalized communities may face when applying for a job. Don’t meet every requirement for the role but feel you have many of the skills needed? Please apply! Our culture is rooted in providing the resources needed for all staff to succeed, including job specific training. We want you to help us achieve our goals and to be part of one of most storied franchises in all of sport.
- Support Stadium Operations staff with various stadium operations functions during the season
- Assist with stadium subcontractors (parking lots, concession stands, signage, stadium management) on gameday related matters
- Assist with team deliveries at Soldier Field (beverages, water, ice, propane, Gatorade, giveaways, promotional items, premium hospitality gifts, etc.)
- Support team related maintenance at the stadium (i.e., locker room whirlpool/ice machine maintenance, key cards, door keys and day-to-day parking passes for Bears employees)
- Assist with on field equipment set up and tear down (fans, heaters, propane tanks, fire extinguishers, field seats, field wrap, signage, etc.)
- Assist with visiting team needs including equipment and training staff arrivals the day before games
- Support the operational needs of additional Bears events held at Soldier Field
- Attend regular post-game review meetings as needed with ASM, vendors and Bears management
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other agencies, and the public
- Serve as backup in command center on gameday
- Other duties as assigned
- Assist and supports the Event Operations team in the planning and execution of activation, hospitality and logistics needs, including but not limited to Draft Party, Training Camp and various Hospitality Events
- Provide assistance to the Event Coordinators with administrative support for event operational needs including but not limited to ordering supplies, researching industry events and activities and processing paperwork
- Attend staff meetings/mandatory meetings and events
- Performs additional duties assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- General knowledge of construction & maintenance
- Stadium & gameday operations experience a plus
- Demonstrate flexibility, creative problem solving and strong organizational skills
- Must be organized, detail oriented and able to use good judgment
- Ability to perform manual labor as well as be willing and able to stand and walk for long periods of time in varying weather conditions, including climbing up and down stairs
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs frequently
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Must be able to effectively work in a fast paced, high pressure environment and demonstrate the ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and projects while keep key constituents in the loop.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams and PowerPoint)
- Must be dependable, flexible and able to adapt to a variety of situations.
- Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
What We Offer
We remain committed to upholding the standard of being a first-class organization and employer of choice. Our goal is to provide quality support and a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for our most important resource, our people.
BENEFITS & PERKS
Our Associate Program offerings include but are not limited to:
- Paid Holidays
- Paid PTO (5 days) & Sick Time (2 days)
- Complimentary Bears gear kit
- Complimentary breakfast, lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Access to onsite gym facilities + Bears Fit
- Eligible for medical insurance
- Networking opportunities
- And more
- Quarterly programming & professional development
- Assignment of a “buddy” from another department
- Formal check-ins for Associates and managers through surveys and live conversations
- Two Associate dedicated social events
- Associate dedicated Microsoft Teams chat
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Chicago Bears Football Club, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.