Position: Intern - Entertainment
Reports to: Director of Entertainment
Duration: January 2024 – December 2024
The CLTFC Event Presentation Intern will possess creativity and drive, utilizing their own creative skills as well as learning new skills through hands on experience. This individual will work 40 hours per week in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm, professionalism, and time management skills through the entire internship. As we conclude this internship, we hope for the knowledge acquired to offer significant value and valuable experience for future pursuits in event production.
Here is a comprehensive list of internship responsibilities. This list is subject to modification depending on the specific project's requirements or to support department-specific tasks.
- Book anthem performers, color guards, special guests, for all home matches
- Assisting in day-to-day functions of match day entertainment
- Working closely with Director of Entertainment and Entertainment Manager on planning and execution of match day elements
- Coordinating with the match production team to ensure smooth execution of pre-game, halftime, and post-game presentations
- Collaborating with the marketing team to enhance the fan experience
- Providing support for any mascot or entertainment acts during the match, as well as assisting with mascot’s year-round events and programming
- Helping with the setup and teardown of entertainment areas for match days
- Corresponding and coordinating with any entertainment groups involved with the match day experience
- Assisting with community appearances as needed (which may include the operation of a company vehicle)
- Maintaining department databases/equipment/storage facilities
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Must have an interest in sports marketing, event production, and/or fan appreciation programming.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products..
- Must be flexible to work evenings and/or weekends and all Charlotte FC and Stadium events, including events held on weekends, nights, and holidays.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to operate company vehicles for transportation to and from local events and Charlotte FC appearances.
- Must pass pre-employment screening.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Works well under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Must be a team player, reliable, and dependable.
- Must be adaptable while working in a fast-paced, high-demand, and sometimes strenuous environment.
- Must maintain complete confidentiality of privileged, and/or sensitive information.
- Must, at all times, display the character and values of the Tepper Sports & Entertainment brand.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task while managing time successfully.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to take and follow direction.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Sitting and working at desk on a computer
- Lift at least 40 pounds
This job operates mostly in an office environment and outside in a stadium facility (at times which may include inclement weather conditions. Job may require local travel to events and appearances. This position typically works approximately 40 hours per week.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.