Position Title: Assistant Athletic Trainer/Therapist
Reporting Relationship: Head Assistant Athletic Trainer
Status: Full-time (Exempt)
The Assistant Athletic Trainer/Therapist assists the Head Athletic Trainer/Therapist in managing the day-to-day sports medicine operations for the Club. In this capacity, the Assistant Athletic Trainer/Therapist provides injury prevention strategies, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation for Players’ medical problems. The Assistant Athletic Trainer/Therapist works under the direction and supervision of the Head Athletic Trainer/Therapist, and Club Chief Medical Officer. The Assistant Athletic Trainer/Therapist will assume the duties of the Head Athletic Trainer/Therapist in the event the Head Athletic Trainer/Therapist is unable to or at the discretion of the Head Athletic Trainer/Therapist and/or Club Chief Medical Officer.
Working in collaboration with the Medical Staff and under the supervision of the CMO:
· Manages the healthcare of Players including, but not limited to: first aid/emergency care, on-site injury evaluation, application of appropriate modalities, development of rehabilitation and prevention programs, as well as conducting rehabilitation and making medical referrals.
· Maintain a complete and up to date roster of Player health and participation records in the League-provided electronic medical record (EMR) system.
· Order and maintain inventory supplies and clinical equipment.
· Keep athletic training room and clinic area safe, clean, and organized.
· Help the Club Medical Staff regarding Player’s health and safety.
· Comply with all MLS medical policies and protocols.
· Comply with OSHA standards with regards to blood borne pathogens.
· Attend all activities/meetings/programs as required by the League.
· Perform other duties as assigned or required.
· Minimum four (4) year bachelor’s degree.
· Master’s degree in a health-related field is preferred.
· Minimum of four (4) years certified athletic trainer/therapist experience.
· Soccer experience is preferred.
Licenses or Certifications:
· NATABOC (or CATA) Certified Athletic Trainer/Therapist.
· In good standing with NATABOC.
· State or Province License in the state/province in which the Club calls home, if required by the state/province.
· CPR certification for Health Care Provider.
· Maintain personal professional liability insurance.
· Preferred certification: CSCS, PES, LMT, and/or NREMT.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Strong verbal communication skills.
· Works well under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude.
· Must be a team player, reliable, and dependable.
· Ability to make sound with integrity and accountability, while working in a fast-
paced, high-demand, and sometimes strenuous environment.
· Must maintain complete confidentiality of privileged, and/or sensitive information.
· Must be able to multi-task while managing time successfully.
· Must be a hard worker that is committed to excellence.
· Must have a desire for personal and professional growth.
· Must be open-minded and willing to take on any tasks that are assigned.
· Must embrace diversity and treat others with respect and dignity.
· Must be able to carry, pull, push, and lift equipment necessary for care.
· Standing for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to lift 40 pounds at a time.
· In Athletic Training room, weight room, and outside on the fields.
· Various weather conditions including extreme heat and inclement weather.
· Work schedule varies based on business needs. Work schedule includes night and
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.