At Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation, we deliver excitement. Our mission is to be the heartbeat of our community by creating connections, building champions, and winning, together. If you’d like to join a team that’s people-first, diverse, innovative, and energized about delivering extraordinary fan experiences to our guests, then we’d love to sign you to a player's contract!
The Engineer is responsible for overseeing the operations of the building HVAC, including heating and ice making equipment. The role must adhere to proper safety standards and conduct repairs and maintenance on equipment and units as required.
- Oversee the operations of the building HVAC as well as heating and ice making equipment;
- Maintain and conduct minor repairs on plumbing equipment and systems in the facility;
- Maintain and ensure proper safety standards in conjunction with government and corporate regulations;
- Oversee meter readings of electrical, gas, and water;
- Change filters as required;
- Carryout preventative maintenance on air handling units, heaters, and ice plant;
- Repair mechanical units as required;
- Check and change belts, pulleys, and bearings;
- Adjust thermostat for various building areas and their corresponding temperature requirements;
- Ensure cleanliness of all mechanical areas;
- Actively participate in safety programs and follow polices;
- Assist with all other maintenance functions as required;
- All other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following background:
- Prior experience working in a large facility handling HVAC units;
- 4th Class Power Engineer Certificate required;
- Highly organized and able to meet deadlines;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once and prioritize effectively;
- Exceptional communication skills;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as this is a part-time casual position;
- Positive attitude and a strong attention to detail.
This position will remain open until suitable candidates are found.