Dept: People, Culture & Inclusion
Position Reports To: Director of People Operations
Position is full-time, hybrid work environment. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Paid medical; Dental, Vision; 401k, Pension; most meals included.
The People, Culture & Inclusion Department at the Baltimore Ravens is comprised of HR professionals who are dedicated to furthering the team’s mission to win football games, serve our fans and be a positive force in the community. Through strategic relationships and collaboration, we effectively recruit, develop, and retain our employees with a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion to create an environment where everyone shares a passion to succeed. People are the core of our organization, and we strive to maintain our first-class standards by valuing, supporting, and encouraging every individual to reach their full potential. Team is the theme, and we are committed to being champions for those at all levels of our organization.
The Payroll Specialist serves as payroll expert for the Baltimore Ravens and safeguards and processes accurate transactions with a high degree of customer service. Ensures that computing, withholding, and deductions associated with payroll are done properly and without error. Organizes and reviews forms, including but not limited to, federal, state, and local authorities, such as tax forms and W-2s. Ensures payroll database/records are update to date and accurate.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process all aspects of payroll function for both players (weekly) and staff (semi-monthly) which includes but may not be limited to:
- Maintain payroll system integrity, including hires, terminations, status changes, and compensation information. This is inclusive of Document Management of any paper forms associated with these changes.
- Process, transmit, and approve payroll and deductions to Payroll 3rd Party Solution for payment.
- Keep accurate records to balance accumulators for annual W2’s.
- Process tax, 401(k), garnishment orders, and other withholdings and initiate related wire transfers.
- Post corresponding payroll-related journal entries.
- Ensure legal compliance with payroll related laws regarding taxation, garnishments, FLSA, and multi-jurisdiction rules/regulations.
- Post monthly journal entries related to Flex Spending Account, and other payroll/benefit accounts.
- Assist with the administration and accounting of staff benefit programs.
- Prepare and submit Multiple Worksite Reporting quarterly.
- Assist in payroll related audit schedules and address payroll-related questions for various audits including salary cap, deferred compensation, workers’ compensation, and 401(k).
- Assist with the preparation of annual compensation budget.
- Acts as expert on payroll software, leads updates and stays abreast of payroll trends/changes.
- Partners with management, HR, and other team members in the development and implementation of organizational policies and procedures related to payroll.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and networking with other NFL teams.
- Prepare ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed.
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or FPC/CPP Certification.
- Three+ years payroll processing experience (multi-state preferred).
- Systems experience with Ceridian DayForce, ADP, Workday, Ulti-Pro and/or other cloud-based payroll/timekeeping/HR product.
- Basic knowledge of employment tax law and payroll-related regulations and policies.
- Candidate must have the utmost ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to independently analyze and research issues and provide resolution.
- Self-directed and organized, with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication and analytical skills and ability to work with all levels of staff.
- Superb ability to execute deadline-driven tasks in a timely and effective manner.
- Flexibility with change/process improvement with a growing workforce.
- Passion for sports and a customer focus are essential.
- Proficient in MS Office and MS Excel.
To be considered for this position, applicant must complete the online application, answer the screening questions and submit a resume. Any applications that are missing the required information will not be considered.
All applications will be reviewed, please no emails or phone calls as we are unable to provide a status update on your application.
The Baltimore Ravens is an EEO employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's or employee's race, gender, age, national origin, color, religion, disability or any other protected basis under applicable law.