Austin FC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the League’s 27th club in January 2019. Austin FC officially began competing in MLS in April 2021 and played its first match at home on June 19, 2021, in the new, 100% privately financed, state-of-the-art Q2 Stadium in Austin. Austin FC finished the regular season 2nd in the Western Conference, while also making a run to the Western Conference Finals during the 2022 MLS Cup Playoffs.
Austin FC II is a professional-level development team within the Austin FC organization, competing as one of 27 clubs in MLS NEXT Pro. The team completes the pro player pathway between elite youth soccer (MLS NEXT), for players to develop, improve, and potentially move up the Austin FC first team.
The team won the MLS NEXT Pro championship during its inaugural season in 2023. ATXFC II trains and operates alongside the Austin FC first team and Academy teams at St. David’s Performance Center. The team plays its home matches at Parmer Field at St. David’s Performance Center, located adjacent to The Pitch, a food and entertainment destination for soccer fans and visitors.
Austin FC II is actively seeking a detailed-oriented and professional Team Operations Manager. In this role, you will lead the coordination and management of the day-to-day operations of Austin FC II to ensure successful training and traveling. With the assistance of the Team Operations Coordinator, you will also manage player relations to include contract execution, relocation and compliance. This role will report directly to the Director of Austin FC II and Academy Operations.
This unique role is a once-in-a-lifetime and career-defining opportunity. This position will be based in Austin, TX and the role will be in-person at St. David’s Performance Center.
Are You Someone That:
· Has an outstanding work ethic and pays close attention to detail?
· Thrives in a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and quality?
· Works well within in a collaborative, team-driven, and goal-based environment?
· Has a strong passion for soccer and representing the brand of Austin FC?
· Has the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships?
· Consistently prioritizes projects, meetings and fast-changing schedules while remaining productive and professional?
· Enjoys being challenged and has a desire to develop innovative, positive outcomes?
· Directly manage, coordinate, and safeguard all player and coach travel and meal logistics in accordance with the MLS NEXT Pro league/club guidelines; and
· Directly manage and coordinate all player and coach training and matchday/match preparation needs in accordance with the League/Club guidelines; and
· Oversee the communication of staff and players using the Teamworks platform; and
· Work closely with Austin FC II’s coaching staff to schedule matches and trainings and properly communicate this messaging to the Soccer Operations department; and
· Assist in the execution of Austin FC II’s player contracts; and
· Register and ensure all players are eligible to compete in MLS NEXT Pro; and
· Manage Austin FC II’s player appearances; and
· Manage player relocations; and
· Adhere to set Austin FC II’s operations budget; and
· Work with the Manager of Academy Operations and Director of Austin FC II and Academy Operations to manage player movement between the Second Team and Academy; and
· Assist Austin FC II’s Head Coach and Director of Austin FC II and Academy Operations in other projects and duties assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Minimum 3 year of experience working in a professional sports environment
· Preferred experience working in Team Operations
· Proficiency in Microsoft applications
· Strong organizational skills
· Effective verbal and written communication skills, with diverse audiences
· Attention to detail and dedicated work ethic
· Knowledge of best practices and commitment to remain up to date with industry standards
· It is the policy of Austin FC not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
· All selected candidates are subject to passing a background check prior to employment.
· Hours are variable and can easily include early mornings, evenings, weekends and some holidays in addition to the traditional Monday through Friday hours.