This position will maintain established security policies and procedures that will protect Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E) franchises, the Frost Bank Center, along with its assets, employees, and guests. The person in this position must be able to control access into the Frost Bank Center and Toyota Field, properties, and their secured areas; patrol the facilities paying special attention to activities or situations that may breach security or pose a safety hazard. Successful employees in this position must possess the ability to follow directions and quickly respond to alarms and emergency situations where an immediate decision to maintain a safe and secure environment is required. Security Guards would be required to potentially take immediate action and decide how to effectively maintain a safe and secure environment. Security Guards must have a basic understanding of security access control systems, protocols, and other security related equipment.
Starting pay is $12.00/hr. and will increase to $15.00/hr. after 90 days of employment.
All SS&E Security personal are required to obtain a Level II Non-Commissioned Security License from the Texas Department of Public Safety within the first 90 days of employment. The pay increase is contingent on obtaining a Level II Non-Commissioned Security License. Failure to obtain a Level II Non-Commissioned Security License within the first 90 days may result in termination of employment.
In every position, each employee is expected to: demonstrate alignment with SS&E’s core values and mission, collaborate with internal/external family members and demonstrate ongoing development.
- Regulate and control access to restricted and secure areas. (i.e., event level, receiving dock, locker rooms, and other sensitive areas). Monitor, patrol and respond to alarms/emergency situations inside/outside the Frost Bank Center/Toyota Field and grounds. Provide quick, professional, and effective response in security and/or safety related situations.
- Serve and interact with guests attending Frost Bank Center/Toyota Field games and events. Provide information and direction to inquiries from the public or Frost Bank Center/Toyota Field employees. Interact professionally and notify the proper authorities or personnel, as situations dictate. Provide information and direction to inquiries in a positive and friendly manner.
- Complete effective communication, both verbally and written where appropriate, in situations where reports are generated, or direction is needed. Prepare effective incident/accident reports.
- Consistently and appropriately problem solve. Identify, diagnose, and resolve safety concerns. Effectively generate safety awareness and training. Identify and effectively enforce guidelines to reduce unsafe practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Obtain and maintain a Level 2 Security License and Certification with the Texas Department of Public Safety Private Security program.
- Able to Lift and Carry 25 plus pounds as needed.
- Must be able to work long hours, flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods in extreme conditions for the duration of assigned shift.
- Must be able to work at both the Frost Bank Center and Toyota Field for all events assigned.
- Ability to work outdoor events in hot, cold, wet, or windy conditions throughout duration of the shift.
- Ability To ascend/descend multiple flights of stairs in an arena and outdoor stadium setting throughout the duration of the shift.
- Must be able to work the minimum of 70% of events each month.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication and team building skills.
- Must be a self-starter, with initiative and ability to make sound decisions.
- Must possess the ability to meet dress standards.
- Must maintain the standards set forth in the Frost Bank Center Event Security Policies & Procedures Manual.
- 1 year of entertainment industry experience.
- CPR Certification/ Basic First Aid preferred.
- Knowledge of law enforcement or experience in the entertainment industry, security, military, or law enforcement preferred.
- Employee will attend company, security, and safety training as it relates to the security functions and components of the Frost Bank Center and Toyota Field.
- Employee is required to stay up to date with training in security equipment, equipment, alarms, and emergency procedures for life safety, and fire protection.