ABOUT THE PHILADELPHIA UNION ACADEMY
Philadelphia Union Academy encompasses not only the U12 to U17 age groups but also offers a professional pathway with Union II for players ready for the next step in their development.
The Union Academy has produced fifteen Homegrown players for the Philadelphia Union, including Brenden Aaronson and Mark McKenzie, both of whom became record European transfers for the club. Overall a total of 32 players have gone on to sign professional contracts with countless more filling the ranks of collegiate soccer at some of the most prestigious universities in the United States. On the field, the Union Academy has become one of the top contenders for countless titles including the GA Cup twice at the U17 level in 2012 and 2023 as well as at the U12 level in 2019.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Academy Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for the digital strategy implementation of the Philadelphia Union Academy’s digital platforms. This role will lead daily ideation, planning and publishing of all content posted to the Union Academy’s social media channels, with an emphasis on emerging platforms, including (but not limited to) Instagram Reels, TikTok and YouTube. In addition to social media, the Academy Social Media Coordinator will capture, edit and publish all Academy content both in photo and video formats for matchdays and weekly content to fill the social media calendar. This position will be deeply entrenched with internet trends with a constant focus on new and innovative ways to distribute content on our channels, grow the Academy’s audience and tell the story of the Academy. This role will also be a crafty and creative copywriter with a passion for establishing a unique and fun tone supplementing content on our channels.
The Academy Social Media Coordinator will regularly collaborate with all members of the Content team, including digital, creative and video as well as other departments including but not limited to Marketing, Public Relations, Sponsorship and Community Relations. The position will report to the Digital Content to regularly assess and adjust the club’s on-going social strategy. The ideal candidate is a creative, clever and motived self-starter who has a strong attention to detail and thrives in the fast-paced environment of sports.
- Manage the day-to-day creation and publishing of content across the Union Academy’s social media channels, with a focus on trending content, memes and vertical video formats
- Capture weekly photo content to fill the social media calendar but also deliver edited content that will be utilized on PhiladelphiaUnion.com, the Academy’s social media channels, marketing material and players
- Execute brand voice that is representative of the organization across all the Union social media channels, especially Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube Shorts and other emerging platforms
- Travel and create content for the Philadelphia Union Academy social media channels and website at various major tournaments that the club competes in including Generation Adidas Cup, MLS NEXT Winter Fest, MLS NEXT Flex and MLS NEXT Cup
- Have a good perspective on the formatting, sizing and packaging of social media content - including photo and video dimensions for the various different types of posts on all social platforms
- Monitor social media platforms for relevant and timely opportunities to appropriately interact with fans, players and brands
- Help to manage and evolve social media department's planning calendar and daily budget of posts, including sponsored content franchises
- Track key performance metrics to help monitor success and areas of improvement for all social initiatives
- Collaborate with stakeholders from multiple departments within the organization to achieve key business objectives
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, while keeping organized and maintaining high standards in all work
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop and Premier
- Demonstrated ability to run social media channels and produce engaging content for the platforms
- Demonstrated ability to capture and produce both in photo and video formats
- Must have a strong interest and deep understanding of soccer
- Ability to produce written content for PhiladelphiaUnion.com showcasing the Union Academy
The preferred candidate will be:
- Able to work in a hyper fast-paced environment, while executing multiple projects within tight deadlines
- Driven, enthusiastic and a creative team player motivated to create high-caliber content
- Team-focused: Our digital team succeeds by working as a unit, and that means being willing to cover for others on the team when necessary
*Flexible schedule required to successfully complete job requirements, including nights, weekends and holidays*
- Comprehensive benefits package including three medical options, vision and dental coverage, including flexible spending & health savings accounts
- Pre-tax and Roth 401k (up to 4% is matched, after 90 days of service)
- Company-paid life insurance and disability
- 11 paid holidays and additional generous time off
- Wellness reimbursements through Independence Blue Cross
- 50% merchandise discount
- Other league and partner discounts
- Complimentary or discounted tickets
- 24/7 state-of-the-art Fitness Center and locker rooms
- On-site Café with grab-and-go options, salad bar, and grill!
This position requires the following clearances:
- PA Child Abuse History clearance
- PA State Police Criminal Records Check
- An FBI Criminal Background Check
- Safesport Certification
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.