Built upon our storied legacy, we win on and off the field by intentionally uniting our players, alumni, teammates, and guests. We strive to create meaningful relationships and deliver a world class experience in all interactions. It is our shared responsibility to ensure that the greatness of the Raiders is in its future.
As the Senior Manager of Business Communications, this role will be responsible for working closely with the SVP of Marketing on all media relations efforts that affect the business side of the organization. This may include promotional opportunities closely tied to marketing initiatives, internal employee communications, correspondence with the NFL on positive efforts the administration is participating in, and amplification of community outreach. The Senior Manager will collaborate with senior leadership on speaking engagements for business operations and work closely with Allegiant Stadium on any press communications and announcements of third-party events.
The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be an adept communicator and great at building relationships internally and externally with local media members.
Essential Job Functions
- Serve as editor for all business communications for Raiders and Allegiant Stadium, reviewing and editing press releases and talking points for accuracy and consistency.
- Collaborate closely with executive management to develop thoughtful strategies and rapid responses to crises and issues.
- Collaborate with key executives and cross-functional partners across the organization to fully understand the mechanics of the business and the NFL to be able to build strong narratives and points of view that can be amplified through communications channels.
- Build strategic relationships with business and local media outlets and influencers that will lead to positive media coverage.
- Implement executive placement strategies, including speaking engagements, profiles, and Op-Eds to successfully position leadership as valued members of the community and thought leaders in Raiders’ broadcast markets.
- Draft pitches and press releases for a wide range of business announcements.
- Use data and knowledge of the earned media landscape to develop creative approaches to reach key audiences.
- Constantly mine for potential news angles and data to support opportunistic storytelling.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in communications, preferably within the entertainment, or sports industries.
- Experience with developing and advancing corporate narratives both internally and externally.
- Must be collaborative, flexible, and capable of working across various business groups across the company.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and handle a complex and evolving workload in a timely and efficient manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong experience and knowledge of the earned media landscape.
- Adept at navigating media issues and crises for large brands.
- Proven leadership and ability to influence and work with Sr. Leadership and multi-disciplined teams.
- On the record media relations experience & experience managing agencies is a plus.
- Ability to work extended hours and flexible schedule including nights and weekends and holidays as needed.
Physical Aspects of Position (includes but are not limited to):
- Sitting for long periods of time throughout shift.
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 25lbs.
- Occasional walking, standing, bending, kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
The Las Vegas Raiders provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.