The IT Systems Analyst is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and support for core systems including, but not limited to, storage management, phone system management, backup services, system updates, multi-factor authentication, virtual services. This position requires partnership with the technical support teams to solve problems, analyze data to improve system performance, and to provide efficient and effective resolution for problems related to any events at the Toyota Center, including the Houston Rockets.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Monitor incidents for core systems and resolve within approved SLA's.
- Collaborate with IT team to create and maintain core standard operating procedures.
- Collaborate with IT team members to share information and knowledge to help advance IT strategies.
- Perform data analysis to improve system performance and reliability.
- Collaborate with vendors and IT team to maintain lab environments.
- Collaborate with vendors and IT team with software testing in lab environments.
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies and recommend solutions that will promote business strategies.
- Provide helpdesk support as needed to ensure SLA's are achieved.
- Provide on-call support for core systems.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Strong ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer services orientation.
- Ability to effectively function in a team-orientated, collaborative environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Virtual computing skills.
- Strong technical knowledge of networking fundamentals.
- Strong technical knowledge of VOIP systems.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear.
- The vision requirement includes close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Nature of position requires physical mobility and the ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds.
- Must have ability to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.