We are seeking a Communications Executive with impeccable writing and organisational skills to play an active role in the day-to-day F1 Academy comms operation and assist in the delivery of first-class media coverage for the series.
This role will work with the Communications and Marketing teams and report into the F1 Academy Communications Manager and F1 Head of Communications.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the running of the F1 Academy comms operation, acting as a proactive liaison between the Communications and Marketing (social media and editorial) teams.
- Write and distribute high quality communications materials, including press releases, press kits, briefing documents, and media notes.
- Oversee and develop a range of comms tools, including the online media platform and media distribution lists, press kits and press templates.
- Manage all inbound media requests via the media inbox, actioning interview requests, accreditation applications and requests to access to the comms tools.
- Develop strong relationships with motorsport, national, and lifestyle media, facilitating requests with efficiency and accuracy to deliver consistent coverage of F1 Academy.
- Carefully monitor media coverage, proactively flagging stories of note and tracking all coverage against KPIs.
- Prepare media schedules for race events, co-ordinating requests for time with drivers and F1 Academy Executives with the editorial and social media teams, plus external media.
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of F1 Academy media and engagement events outside of race events.
- Work closely with the social media team to ensure the consistent delivery of aligned messaging across all F1 Academy’s owned channels.
- Support the wider F1 comms team as required, including daily media reports and coverage tracking.
- Write and manage feature led content for the F1 Academy website, including driver interviews and long-read features between races.
- Assist with the content management of F1 Academy’s website, ensuring all information is updated in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work with the social media and editorial teams to help deliver the F1 Academy content strategy across all owned platforms.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to develop and update the website to ensure that the messaging and visuals are aligned with F1’s Academy brand strategy.
- Relevant communications experience. Experience in a sports environment advantageous.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrates proactivity and is inquisitive.
- Has excellent writing skills and understands what makes a story, from both a communications and editorial perspective.
- Knowledge of motorsport and a passionate approach to diversity and inclusion in sport desirable.
- Able to effectively, and confidently, communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail a must.
- Comfortable with extensive travel, to cover all F1 Academy race weekends and official tests onsite.