Reporting organisationally to the Director of Infrastructure and Technical Service, the Senior Manager, Overlay will be a key member of the FIFA26 Infrastructure and Technical Service team, and work in close collaboration with FIFA Zurich key collaborators and other key individuals responsible for managing and streamlining the technical requirements from FIFA Functional Areas and facility authorities for implementation in Stadia and Training Sites.
The main responsibilities and oversights of the Senior Manager, Overlay for the FIFA World Cup 26™ include:
• Key interface between Design team, Overlay Planning team, Procurement, and Project Management team
• Ensuring all FAs requirements are obtained, captured and processed in design and bill of quantity and also financially addressed
• Managing and maintaining Roles & Responsibility matrices
• Managing Overlay Master Programme
• Project managing the Technical Information flow for all sites and creating reports and dashboards of all site related activities
• Overlay Cluster management – daily management of Overlay cluster managers
• Ensuring overlay compliance to law, FIFA requirements and local jurisdiction
• Pragmatic, ability to simplify complex situations and solution oriented. Ability to identify and evaluate existing or potential problems and to identify the various aspects, to detect the causes and any links between them
• Team player with very good interpersonal skills and collaborator
• Leadership skills to identify, lead and manage diverse teams with different skills and different expert knowledge
• Professional presentation skills
• Negotiation skills with internal and external stakeholders as well as suppliers
• Ability to foresee the need to act, to draw up a coherent and chronological plan, to establish priorities, to allocate resources, to develop a system of control, and to re-adjust and permanently improve plans
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree preferably in Engineering, Architecture or other domains
• Great understanding of the technical complexity of a stadium with additional World Cup needs
• A minimum of 3 years of Football World Cup Life cycles working or liaising with one or more Functional areas as listed above
• Passion for Football and other sports
• Minimum 5 years or more in infrastructural projects or Overlay/Technical Service roles in Major Events for a Sporting Organisation
• Minimum 3 years or more FIFA World Cup or other similar major Football tournaments experiences
• Minimum 2 years of managing and leading teams and staff with different backgrounds and skill sets
• English but preferably in combination with other language such as Spanish, Portuguese, French, etc.
• Office 365
• Autodesk applications (AutoCAD, Revit, BIM 360, Autodesk Construction Cloud, etc.)
• MS Project, Planner, Trello, Smartsheet or other Project Management Tools
• Miro Board, Whiteboard
The FIFA World Cup 26™ will mark the first time that the tournament features 48 teams and will be hosted by three countries: Canada, Mexico, and the United States.
This new format redefines excellence, generating unique opportunities for greater participation and engagement from fans and players in North America and all over the world. Now is your time to be a game changer and join the workforce that is planning and delivering this unique and unforgettable experience.