Reporting organisationally to the Senior Manager, Media Operations & Services, the Manager, Host Cities Media will be a key member of the FIFA26 Operations team, and work in close collaboration with Host City Rights Management, Media Services, Broadcaster Servicing, Host Broadcast Operations, and other key individuals responsible for planning, delivering and managing Media Operations and Services for the more than 3000 national and international media expected to attend the FIFA World Cup.
The Manager, Host Cities Media will operate from our headquarters in Miami and oversee the coordination of operational and service-related aspects across all host cities. The main responsibilities include:
- Act as the primary point of contact for operational planning for Host City representatives across the three Host Countries and in close collaboration with the Host Cities Media Managers for Mexico and Canada.
- Liaise with Host Cities of the FIFA World Cup 2026™ to help them scope media-dedicated spaces and services, aside of stadiums, in collaboration with other key functional areas.
- Ensure consistency in media facility setup, level of services, equipment standards and logistical arrangements across different host cities.
- Provide guidance and support to local teams involved in media-related tasks.
- Ensuring provision of seamless logistics, efficient operations, and exceptional service delivery to media representatives in each host city.
- Coordinate information flow between host cities, event organizers, and media representatives to provide accredited media with timely updates regarding media activities, events and services specific to each host city.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams at headquarters and across different regions to align media-related activities with overarching event objectives.
- Establish an effective communication with counterparts across different host cities.
- Serve as the central point of contact for all host cities media managers, facilitating communication and disseminating important operational information to local teams.
- Develop and implement standardized procedures and guidelines for media operations and services in line with tournament standards across all host cities.
- Organize training sessions and workshops for local media in host cities to ensure understanding and adherence to global operational standards.
- Engage with local and international media to maximise build-up and tournament coverage managing media operations at any events organised in the Host Cities.
- Take part in Workshops and other media activations designed to engage local media outlets.
- Collaborate with the Media Services team to scope media-dedicated services, including Accreditation, Accommodation & Transport in all Host Cities, both for tournament-accredited media and local media representatives.
- Even-time management and coordination of media-dedicated spaces and services across the Host Cities outside of stadium facilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Higher education qualification in media or sports event management
- 3+ years’ experience in the sports industry, with an emphasis on media operations
- 3-5 years’ experience in sports project management, preferably in football
- Fluent in English. Spanish and/or French proficiency is a plus
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio & Project) and planning software and online collaboration tools
The FIFA World Cup 26™ will mark the first time that the tournament features 48 teams and will be hosted by three countries: Canada, Mexico, and the United States.
This new format redefines excellence, generating unique opportunities for greater participation and engagement from fans and players in North America and all over the world. Now is your time to be a game changer and join the workforce that is planning and delivering this unique and unforgettable experience.