The Fan Development assistant is responsible for assisting the Fan Development department with various tasks pertaining to Kid’s Club and new affinity programs, special events, theme nights, lead generation, and media promotions.
- Supports the main point of contact for the Red Wing’s Kid’s Club membership and kit.
- Works with the Marketing Coordinator to develop contracts with our Detroit media partners to execute media promotions, fulfilling tickets and prizing for on-air contests.
- Serve as the primary contact for all remote broadcasts and promotional appearances by radio stations (including Red Wings game days, College Hockey in the D game days and away game viewing parties)
- Write and traffic promotional drop-ins for Red Wings TV and radio broadcasts
- Coordinate media drops and publicity efforts for Red Wings giveaways and promotional nights
- Assist Event Manager with creative requests for special events and theme nights.
- Assist with fan engagement initiatives and outreach. Working closely with the Manager, Fan Development both on site and off site.
- Provide on-site support for game days and special events
- Assist with research and stay ahead of current brand thinking around brand purpose, positioning, attributes, style guide and brand adjacencies. Communicate this effectively internally to ensure alignment on the direction of the brand.
Supplemental Job Functions:
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, Advertising or related discipline. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Possess the highest integrity and ethical standards
- Understanding of marketing, advertising and public relations principles and the ability to think creatively
- Highly developed verbal, written and presentation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Especially Excel)
- Strong organizational skills
Preferred Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Experience working in the sports and entertainment industry
- Irregular and extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Exposure to moderate - high noise level
- Work environment temperature fluctuations
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Frequent visual/auditory attention
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.