Position: Manager – Group Sales
About Charlotte FC
Charlotte FC is Major League Soccer’s 30th franchise and played its inaugural season in Major League Soccer in 2022. The club set a MLS attendance record in it’s opening game with over 74,000 spectators in Bank of America Stadium and has been at the top of MLS in attendance throughout its first two seasons. Charlotte FC is part of Tepper Sports & Entertainment, which also includes the Carolina Panthers and Bank of America Stadium.
Charlotte FC is actively seeking a Group Sales Manager to oversee the sales activities for full-time staff and to achieve department revenue and capacity goals through the sale of groups tickets. In addition, daily management of customer service including, but not limited to renewals, specialized service program and all related organizational launch projects.
- Oversee and drive revenue for Charlotte FC related to various Group Ticket initiatives.
- Lead creation and execution of group experience ideas and programs, including planning events or theme nights for companies, community groups, themes, youth soccer teams, etc.
- Lead the training and management of Group Sales staff by determining retention targets, developing talking points, aligning with marketing and production teams to assist with specific campaigns and game day elements.
- Establish and meet group sales objectives while supporting a culture of achieving individual and team sales goals.
- Sustain a team that continually achieves high productivity and maintains a high standard of professionalism.
- Implement year-round communication and touch point strategies to enhance the customer experience.
- Meet with key stakeholders including external clients and internal departments (Community Outreach, Partnership, and Marketing) with goal of maintaining relationships and negotiating deals that involve group sales packages.
- Represent Charlotte FC in various club promotions, charity functions, speaking engagements.
- Assist in the development, coordination, and implementation of game day activities.
- Provide Director with necessary support/statistical data including building budgets and projecting future revenue.
Sales & Service Responsibilities:
- Provide extreme customer service to all clients, including relationship building, day to day operations, written correspondence, phone calls, account inquiries, appointment scheduling, follow up, etc.
- Update customer records in CRM to maintain all personal touchpoint interactions and document all appropriate details and information.
- Work with Ticket Operations to ensure all accounts are up to date on ticket delivery, payment, etc.
- Assist in determining and implementing enhancement programs for current customers to generate sales and retention as well as locate incremental revenue opportunities.
- Ensure proper maintenance of Group Sales Accounts is performed and current quality standards are met or exceeded.
- Sell Season Ticket Memberships and Single Game Tickets when necessary.
- Assist with overall success & meeting goals of the Ticket Office including, but not limited to, ticket sales, phone calls, written correspondence, special promotions, and programs, etc.
- Facilitate special projects as assigned & other duties as assigned by Department Leadership.
- At least 4 years of ticket sales experience at the collegiate or professional level.
- At least 2 years in a management or leadership role.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have a valid US Driver’s license.
- Must pass pre-employment screens.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Archtics ticketing system
- Soccer knowledge
Skills for Success
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Works well within in a collaborative, team-driven, and goal-based environment.
- Works well under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Must be a team player, reliable, and dependable with a can-do attitude.
- Must maintain complete confidentiality of privileged, and/or sensitive information.
- Must, at all times, display the character and values of the Tepper Sports & Entertainment brand.
- The ability to prioritize workload to manage time and tasks.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
This position operates in a professional office environment and outside in a stadium facility. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, etc. Local travel to events may be required. This position typically works approximately 40 hours per week.
- Must be able to work in all Charlotte FC home matches.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to remain sitting for up to 8 hours at a desk and computer.
- Ability to remain standing/walking for up to 8 hours.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors, and endure weather conditions, including rain, wind, high and low temperatures, etc.
- Must be able to work in non-traditional settings, and work non-traditional hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.