Spring Training Internship – Baltimore Orioles Spring Training, Sarasota, FL
Preferred dates: January 3rd – March 31st
This is a paid internship, with the opportunity to earn college credit. Approximately 40 hours a week January-March. The ideal candidate is interested in a career in professional sports with an emphasis in Sports Administration, Hospitality, Sales/Marketing and Community Relations.
- Provide administrative support to the Baseball Operations staff and players
- Utilize Qtrak system to receive, route and deliver mail and packages
- Provide gate attendant staff break coverage
- Manage, staff and facilitate all Orioles open practice games
- Provide entrance coverage and support to the Buck O’Neill Baseball Operations Center as required
- Service and interact with vendors and other support personnel on a regular basis to help resolve baseball operations related issues and concerns
- Work on the street team and represent the Orioles at community events, deliver pocket schedules out to local businesses, and execute other grassroots marketing projects
- Provide administrative support to Florida Operations staff as assigned
- Complete assigned Ad Hoc requests
- Comply with and adhere to all company performance, conduct and attendance standards
- Graduated or current enrollment in Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree from an accredited college/university in Sports Management, Communications, Marketing or related field is preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office and possess strong technical skills
- Must be reliable, punctual, courteous, have good listening and multi-tasking skills
Qualified candidates must submit a resume no later than Friday, November 4th at 5pm.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
The Baltimore Orioles are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Baltimore Orioles to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race (including hair textures, afro hairstyles, or protective hairstyles), color, national origin or ancestry, religion or creed, gender or sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran’s status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.