Austin FC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the 27th club in January 2019. Austin FC officially began competing in MLS in April 2021 and played its first match at home on June 19, 2021, in the new, 100% privately financed, state-of-the-art Q2 Stadium in Austin. Austin FC finished the regular season 2nd in the Western Conference, while also making a run to the Western Conference Finals during the 2022 MLS Cup Playoffs.
Austin FC also operates Austin FC II, a professional-level development team competing as one of 27 clubs in MLS NEXT Pro. In addition, Austin FC operates Austin FC Academy which is the fully funded developmental academy representing the highest level of competition for elite youth soccer players in Central Texas, while serving as the exclusive developmental pathway to MLS for the region’s most talented young players. Combined, Austin FC II and Austin FC Academy teams complete the pro player pathway between elite youth soccer (MLS NEXT) all the way to MLS, and allow for players to develop, improve, and move up to Austin FC or Austin FC II.
Austin FC is actively seeking a driven and reliable Academy Operations Coordinator to support all of the Academy’s functions. In this multifaceted role, you will be responsible for leading and executing Austin FC Academy administration, logistics, operations, and support the Academy technical staff on all staff and player operations. This position must understand and respect the high expectations and professionalism associated in working with a professional sports team.
The position is based in Austin, TX and the role will work in-person at St. David’s Performance Center.
Are You Someone That:
· Is motivated, professional, highly organized, and customer service focused?
· Can communicate verbally with a wide range of people with ease?
· Possesses a strong understanding of team and player operations?
· Is detail-oriented, organized, analytical, and attentive?
· Enjoys working as a positive team player to meet club-wide goals?
· Is agile and able to respond effectively to the changing needs of a fast-paced growing organization?
· Works well in a collaborative, team-driven and goal-based environment?
· Support the administration of Austin FC Academy program including, but not limited to communication with players and parents, coordination of times and locations for training and games, managing training log and attendance, managing field use communication, and managing equipment and apparel needs for games and training; and
· Manage the administration and registration of league and tournament competition for all Austin FC Academy players and staff; and
· Coordinate and organize trialist logistics; and
· Assist the Center of Excellence Director with scheduling, coordinating volunteers, and managing invites; and
· Serve as the main point of contact for U12, U13, and U14 Academy Teams; and
· Manage Teamworks platform for Academy players and parents and ensure that all event details are accurate and timely; and
· Manage and maintain the Academy online database including registration of players and staff; and
· Assist the Manager of Academy Operations with travel logistics; and
· Coordinate travel and logistics for away events, including transportation and lodging; and
· Manage game day operations for home events; and
· Manage the organization of field equipment at St. David’s Performance Center to ensure quality presentation and organization; and
· Liaise with MLS Staff on rules and guidelines applicable to MLS NEXT and the U12 Pre-Academy League, liaise with any other Austin FC league organizer on rules and guidelines.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, sports management or related field
· Demonstrated understanding of the local and national soccer landscape
· 1-2 years of experience in the sports industry preferred
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft office; PowerPoint, Word, Excel
· High proficiency in managing administrative processes and programs
· Ability to keep a strong and positive attitude that reflects the spirit of the club
· English language proficiency is essential and Spanish/English bilingual skills are a plus
· It is the policy of Austin FC not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for internships because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
· All selected candidates are subject to passing a background check prior to employment.
· Candidates must have a reliable source of personal transportation.
· Hours are variable and can easily include early mornings, late evenings, weekends and some holidays in addition to the traditional Monday through Friday hours.