The 49ers EDU program is seeking qualified, part-time Educators to assist in the execution of its paradigm-changing STEAM education program, leveraging the game of football and Levi’s® Stadium to spark K-8 youth interest for science, technology, engineering, arts, and math. This role is the center of our educational experience, and a front-line position that interacts with which students, parents, chaperones, and the public daily.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Required Abilities and Skills:
- Assists with planning and set-up of educational events and activities, including preparation of materials.
- Presents 49ers EDU education tours/workshops into student groups,
- Facilitates programs to a variety of grades K-8.
- Creates and maintains a positive, safe environment for all attendees to the program including students, teachers, and chaperones.
- Helps in the development and training of staff specific to the educational program.
- Research information for upcoming education programs and assist with other education and Museum events.
- Required to gain a working understanding of the educational STEM concepts behind the game of football.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Ability to use focus on a speaker using verbal and non-verbal clues to understand their message, comprehend the information and respond thoughtfully.
- Ability to promote a flexible and accommodating environment which accepts and appreciates viewpoints and expertise that all stakeholders bring to the work environment.
- Organizational skills with the ability to manage time effectively, while balancing and prioritizing multiple or competing tasks.
- Ability to create a relationship of trust and loyalty by delivering accessible, efficient, and reliable services and products for internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to communicate confidently and competently to all types of audiences within a variety of delivery methods.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience working with school aged children and the public in a learning environment.
- Bi-lingual a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- The employee will be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- The employee is constantly required to stand and walk.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee may be occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Certain positions may require the employee to push or pull 250 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and depth perception.
- This position requires the ability to work events on evenings, holidays and weekends.
- 0% of travel time expected for the position.