At Spurs Sports & Entertainment, we work in service of something bigger than ourselves, it’s so much more than the game or concert itself. It takes all members of our Spurs Family to harness the power of sports and entertainment to build memories that endure, memories that excite, and connections that strengthen our community!
SS&E is seeking an Event Production Manager with a passion for logistics and event operations. This position will be responsible for ensuring that all deliverables for a specific event are fulfilled at a high standard and on time. This position plays a key role in the coordination of information between departments, leading up to and during events, as well with external sites. The eligible candidate will have proficient communication skills and the ability to make independent decision and represent our brand to its highest level.
In every position, each employee is expected to: demonstrate alignment with SS&E’s core values and mission, collaborate with internal/external family members and demonstrate ongoing development.
- Collaborates directly with internal content owners to plan scope, identify deliverables and deadlines, communicate expectations, and ensure results.
- Advance technical details with event sites and maintains regular communication.
- Serves as the primary liaison with event sites and SS&E from load in to load out. Inform and follow-up with all internal and external contacts on requested needs and last-minute changes.
- Assist in creating budgetary requirements and tracking the financial performance of any operational needs.
- Responsible for maintaining necessary equipment to ensure safe and consistent operations. Develops SOPs and oversight of install and transport of said equipment.
- Assist the event operations department with operational/event needs at the AT&T Center to include specialty conversions (SALE Rodeo, Pepe Aguilar etc.) and day to day operational/event support as needed for NBA events, concerts and special events.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Minimum of (2-3) years of increasingly responsible experience in event/operations management in arena, convention center, stadium or other public assembly facility setting.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in business, facility management, event management, hospitality management, marketing, or related field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; tenacious work ethic and strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize and to promptly react to difficult situations in an effective manner. Flexible and creative when dealing with last minute requests/changes with events.
- Comfortable with tight time schedules, managing multiple projects/events with various stakeholders/subject matter experts, and vendors.
- Must be able to complete projects on schedule with a minimum amount of supervision and direction.
- Must have a flexible schedule and the ability to work long hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Proficiency in MS Windows and Office Suite is required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is preferred.
- Demonstrate poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Stand/Sit/Walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift/push/pull 75lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to travel/spend time in office 50% of time.
- Ability to travel domestic and/or international 25% of the time.
- This role is based in San Antonio - 50% of the job duties can be performed remotely, 50% of the work performed onsite as needed or based on event load.