We are looking for an innovative Associate Vice President of Content Studio & Distribution to join the Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E) organization! The person in this role will serve as a critical leader in SS&E’s Brand group, who will develop compelling content across traditional broadcast and new media platforms, generate interest, dedication, engagement, and monetization across the SS&E brands. The ideal candidate will be a creative and data-focused leader who has a passion for engaging the next generation of sports fans through storytelling! Reporting to the SVP of Brand Engagement, this position will be based in San Antonio, Texas.
- Lead all aspects of content development strategy to highlight the most compelling stories across SS&E’s full portfolio of brands – including the San Antonio Spurs (NBA), Austin Spurs (G League), San Antonio FC (USL), Spurs Give (Impact work across SS&E), the AT&T Center, and Toyota Field.
- Lead broadcast (television, radio, on-air talent) and content production groups.
- Collaborate across the Brand group to support organizational growth with a particular emphasis on partnering with the Content Strategy & Brand Operations group to tell the most compelling stories on the appropriate platforms.
- Work alongside Global Partnerships team to develop and build on monetization strategies for all SS&E content to ensure maximization of branded content.
- Build and deepen relationships with senior-level decision makers at existing and prospective distribution partners.
- Identify and implement compelling linear and digital affiliate distribution growth strategies.
- Assist in the development of global brand growth strategies, with a focus on Latin America and Europe.
- Collaborate with key internal partners, NBA, and other professional sports teams to deliver results and understand standard methodologies as well as emerging media trends.
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in television/film production, marketing, or similar field from an accredited college or university. Graduate degree in the field area preferred.
- 7+ years media industry experience including experience in a management role.
- 7+ years of experience working with a multi-franchise or portfolio organization preferred.
- Experience building and leading forward-thinking content organizations.
- Extensive experience and/or relationships with digital media platforms and agencies.
- Demonstrated experience creating impactful organic and paid branded content activations in digital environments (e.g. web, social, mobile app, and digital products)
- Extensive experience monetizing content and negotiating distribution deals.
- High proficiency with media related analytic tools and software (e.g. Nielsen, TrackMaven, CrowdTangle)
- Outstanding communication and analytic skills
- Familiarity with South Texas and Latin American markets preferred.
- Fluent in Spanish a plus.