Who are we hiring?
The New York Knicks are seeking a skilled content producer responsible for creating best-in-class social media content across team-owned channels with an eye towards broadening engagement with Knicks fans through creative, well-produced, and well-timed storytelling. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of how people digest and engage with social content, an eye for detail, and stay up to date on cultural trends, emerging platforms, and industry best practices. This position reports to the Senior Manager Digital Strategy & Content and will collaborate with the social team to develop content for team coverage, tentpole events, marketing partnerships, community programs, and more.
What will you do?
• Assist in and often take the lead on the ideation and production of social content and campaigns.
• Create compelling social content from photographs, creative footage, and play a key role in the creative production process.
• Assist in the daily production of content including but not limited to graphics, simple motion graphics
• In collaboration with the social media team, create content that elevates and promotes the Knicks’ brand
• Stay up to date on best-in-class content, surfacing learnings, internet trends, new uses of social platforms, design trends and innovative ideas to push the Knicks positioning.
• Possess ability to collaborate with larger creative department within brand guidelines.
• Assist in development of season-long and tentpole campaigns, generating iterations of existing campaigns, designing/animating one-off content pieces
• Independently conceptualize unique and compelling content pieces and campaigns that connect the New York Knicks to broader cultural and media trends
• Manage multiple projects at once and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
What do you need to succeed?
• 1-3 years’ experience working in the sports industry in a similar role; knowledge of basketball preferred but not required.
• Strong visual eye regarding the creation and curation of graphics, images, and for social.
• Deep understanding of major social platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok, YouTube, Facebook, etc.), and an ability to create effective content for each platform.
• Working knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite, with an emphasis on Photoshop.
• Versatile interpersonal skills and professionalism to work across multiple environments and departments, including interaction with players.
• Detail oriented with a track record of managing multiple projects at once and delivering on time.
• Ability to work autonomously yet also able to sync accordingly with full cross-department planning.
• Must be available nights / weekends as needed for live coverage during games.
Why is MSG for me?
Madison Square Garden Sports Corp. (MSG Sports) is a leading professional sports company, with a collection of assets that includes: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams – the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and an esports team - Knicks Gaming, an NBA 2K League franchise. MSG Sports also operates a professional sports team performance center – the MSG Training Center in Greenburgh, NY. More information is available at www.msgsports.com.
We invite you to create an exceptional career at MSG
At MSG, we recognize the importance of upskilling employees’ talents and strengths so they can drive their careers forward. We are proud to offer a robust set of tools and resources to help employees understand their interests and purpose, harness their talents and obtain the skills they need to reach the next step in their careers. Growth and longevity for our employees are top priorities here.
We value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds
At MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health choices, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations.