Job Title: Sr Manager, Finance
Employer: Sabertooth Sports & Entertainment
Job Location: F&M Bank Arena, Clarksville, TN
Job Reports to: General Manager of F&M Bank Arena
- Responsible for oversight of staff and functions related to finance and accounting for F&M Bank Arena, under Sabertooth Sports and Entertainment, LLC. (SS&E), directing the arena’s overall day to day financial policies and accounting practices, including financial statement preparation, and reporting, annual budgeting and ongoing forecasting, daily cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and balance sheet reconciliation. Ensure credibility of finance department by providing timely and accurate transactions and analysis of budgets, financial trends, and forecasts.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules.
- Monitor financial performance and communicate relevant fiscal information to senior management, as directed by General Manager and Controller.
- Reconcile and manage proper allocations and reconciliations between F&M Bank Arena and Austin Peay financial operations managed under the SS&E umbrella.
- Working in conjunction with Controller; review and maintain thorough knowledge of detailed monthly financial statement package, including monthly cash flow. Monthly financial reporting package will include, at a minimum, consolidated income statement, balance sheet, and monthly cash flow with support for calculations and year end projections.
- Create and maintain reports requested by senior management and Controller.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with colleagues in all departments to effectively identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the General Manager, CFO, or other Sr. management.
- Perform monthly financial activities for F&M Bank Arena as outlined below:
Complete months end close process to include (but not limited to): journal entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable, Ticketmaster schedules, bank reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations, box office reports.
- Account for all revenues, including but not limited to; sponsorship, premium, parking, merchandise, concessions, skating and hockey programming, etc.
- Compile financial statements.
- Perform monthly detailed review of balance sheet accounts.
- Meet with Arena budget managers each month to review financial activity and track projections.
- Calculate event profitability projections and prepare weekly reports for management.
- Assist in preparation of reports for Montgomery County Sports Authority meetings
- Become the arena lease expert as it relates to financial dealings with the Montgomery County Sports Authority
- Serve as representative for F&M Bank Arena event settlements, as schedule dictates
- Review contracts with event promoters.
- Ensure box office receipts, vendor expenses, etc. are within contract parameters.
- Meet with promoter to review and approve financial settlement either the day/night of the event or the following business day.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or master’s in accounting, CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Proficient in all Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, and Access)
- Familiarity with Intact and Paper Save accounting program is a plus
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20lbs.
- Must have high finger dexterity
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work flexible hours is a must
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- As a condition of employment, qualified applicant will be subject to a background check, including criminal history, driving history, previous employment verification and character references.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, possess a suitable driving history and be insurable by company’s insurance carrier (without conditions)
Essential Physical Requirements
- Occasional heavy lifting/ moving of items up to 20lbs.
- Exposure to bright lights, extreme temperatures, and loud noise.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to wear face mask and/or Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for long periods of time.
- PC based desktop/laptop (Microsoft Office)
- Multiline phone system
Preds Perks: In addition to medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, all full-time employees of the Nashville Predators and entities are eligible for Preds Perks. These currently include the following: Competitive pay, referral bonuses, 401K eligibility, priority access to event presales, tickets to events (when available), Nashville Locker Room (pro shop) discount, premium pay for overnight shifts, 19+ days of paid time off each year, Ford Ice Center programming discount, on demand pay, and bonus potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SS&E is an equal opportunity employer. The organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability status, genetic information, or any other applicable federal or state protected classification. The organization celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact Margie Horwitz at [email protected] to request an accommodation.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instruction or assignments.