Antioch's Ford Ice Center is searching for a Business Operations Manager to serve as one of the core members of the Ford Ice Center team.
- Manage front of house (“FOH”) part time staff.
- Work in conjunction with finance as well as with the Amateur Hockey Director and Director of Scott Hamilton Skating Academy to maintain participant payments, contractor expenses/payments, etc.
- Be the primary contact for office equipment (copy machines, internet/phone issues, FOH Computers, walkie talkies), including maintenance and ordering products as needed.
- Work with FIC HR Director to hire, train and schedule all FOH staff
- Work with Food and Beverage to create and maintain standard operating procedures for Food Service and manage food cost
- Cross-functional involvement in the operation of all departments/activities at FIC in order to achieve optimal operating performance and budgeted bottom line results.
- Work closely with Amateur Hockey Director to oversee all aspects of facility scheduling, including hockey programs, figure skating programs, 3rd party events, private off-ice functions, etc.
- Develop an understanding of all facets of FIC’s business and become proficient at providing input and advising on all business and facility operational matters.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with colleagues in all departments throughout the organization in order to effectively identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Oversee daily FOH and concessions cash handling procedures.
- Assist Human Resources with employee relations issues for part-time employees.
- Work closely with Human Resources to coordinate employee training and other activities.
- Provide support to Human Resources and FIC management to ensure organizational policies are being followed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Degree in business or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of operations experience in an Ice Rink
- Proficient in all Microsoft programs (Excel, Word and Access)
- Strong organizational and time management skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask successfully and to prioritize projects in order to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Rink Management experience preferred.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, possess a suitable driving history and be insurable by FIC’s insurance carrier.
- As a condition of employment, qualified applicant will be subject to a background check, including a criminal history check, driving history and character references.
Essential Physical Functions:
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.
- Must have high finger dexterity.
- Working under extreme deadlines under pressure.
- High finger dexterity.
- Excellent speaking and listening skills, requiring the perception of speech.
- General Office Equipment (i.e. PC, copier, facsimile machine, etc…)
- POS System
- Daysmart Rink Management software.
- 401k plan featuring a company match
- Remote work opportunities
- Priority access to event pre-sales
- Complimentary mental health and counseling resources
- Nashville Locker Room discount
- 19+ days of Paid Time Off (PTO) per year
- Complimentary tickets to select events
- Ford Ice Center benefits, including free programming for employees + discounted programming for family members
- Corporate partner discounts
- Opportunity to receive commissions through Smashville Sales Program
- On Demand Pay
- Much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.