At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
ONE DAYTONA, owned by International Speedway Corporation and located in Daytona Beach, is a retail and entertainment destination featuring approximately 300,000 square feet of prime real estate including world-class shops and restaurants, premium residential apartments and hotel accommodations. ONE DAYTONA is located in east Central Florida at the crossroads of I-95 and I-4, across from Daytona International Speedway and just four miles from the “World’s Most Famous Beach.”
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Events Manager based in our Daytona Beach, Florida office.
ONE DAYTONA is looking for an innovative professional to lead our robust events program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute complex events that build upon ONE DAYTONA’s reputation for high quality, memory making, guest driving events happening year-round.
- Ideate creative ideas and event concepts that are unique, and relevant for the community and the tenants, leveraging the property’s unique assets, venues, and programming.
- Drive entire event lifecycle, from event vision and concept to timeline management, budgets, execution, and reporting.
- Responsible for several key budget accounts within the marketing budget, this includes annual budgeting and monthly forecasting during the year.
- Work with the Operations & Property Management team to determine needs for execution of events.
- Facilitate cross unit collaboration and communication amongst internal stakeholders and partners, and well as our external resources.
- Establish expectations and timelines to ensure parallel and independent work streams all execute simultaneously, seamlessly, and according to plan.
- Develop tools to create goals for signature events and tracking results.
- Partner with the Digital Marketing Manager & Advertising Manager to develop advertising plans for property hosted events.
- Execute external events including rentals, partner, and community-based activations.
- Build strong merchant relations to ensure participation in key sales promotions, events & all other traffic driving initiatives.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends as needed.
The Events Coordinator report directly to this position.
Education and/or Experience
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in marketing, advertising, journalism or business administration.
- Required: Five years with proven event planning, execution, and result tracking experience.
- Required: One to two years of supervisory experience.
- Preferred: Two to Three years in retail and/or related shopping center experience.
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft office, Adobe, Yardi (preferred)
Required skills / experience:
- 5-7 years leading dynamic consumer facing or corporate events
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable public speaker
- Project development and management experience, including developing strategies, compelling presentations, and operational plans
- A creative mindset with an unwavering commitment to detail and strive for impeccable and flawless execution.
- Comfortable navigating through ambiguity while still setting objectives and advancing deliverables
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.