Built upon our storied legacy, we win on and off the field by intentionally uniting our players, alumni, teammates, and guests. We strive to create meaningful relationships and deliver a world class experience in all interactions. It is our shared responsibility to ensure that the greatness of the Raiders is in its future.
The Staff Accountant position will be primarily responsible for managing and performing various accounting functions for the retail business including general ledger accounting, balance sheet reconciliations, journal entry preparation, month end procedures, and other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare month end journal entries and reconcile monthly retail activity to banking transactions.
- Track capital expenditures through fixed asset subledgers.
- Monitor and respond to credit card chargeback disputes.
- General understanding of the retail business and the ability to investigate variances.
- Monitor budget to actuals in the retail business.
- Prepare reports of retail activity for auditors and tax accountants.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal tax requirements.
- Coordinate accounting for Raiders Foundation including financial statement preparation, tax returns, and other reports as required by the State of Nevada
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of relevant accounting experience or 4 years of relevant accounting experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 experience a plus.
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed to accommodate monthly, quarterly, and year-end closings.
Physical Aspects of Position (includes but are not limited to):
- Sitting for long periods of time throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 25lbs
- Occasional walking, standing, bending, kneeling, pushing, and pulling
The Las Vegas Raiders provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination