The Houston Texans are in a season of growth and are seeking an individual for the position of Inside Sales Representative.
Our Texans Teammate Habits:
- Dedication to the team
- Be adaptable
- Passion for work
- Win with integrity
- Own the outcome
The Texans CHARGE
Be Champions in Every Way by Cultivating Excellence and Fearlessly Evolving
Culture: We attract the best and brightest professionals by nurturing core ideals such as character, hard work, discipline, and teamwork. We reward performances and demand a total commitment to excellence and a will to win in everything that we choose to do.
Basic Function: Responsible for revenue generation for all Houston Texans events.
- Sell a full menu of ticket products for Houston Texans, including, but not limited to full and partial season ticket packages, group tickets, hospitality products and single game tickets
- Make outbound calls from lists of assigned opportunities provided to sell season ticket packages and group tickets
- Effectively follow up with clients and prospective clients to build relationships to help provide repeat business and to meet excellent customer service requirements
- Contact past customers to generate new sales and actively build opportunities for new business through up selling opportunities and referrals
- Cordially and efficiently handle incoming sales calls from prospective clients for all ticket sales products
- Conduct in-arena appointments at NRG Stadium with the purpose of closing new business and developing new relationships
- Accountable to certain levels of activity and production (calls, appointments, pipeline KPI’s, and revenue)
- Strong self-leadership skills and will be able to hold themselves accountable to ticket sales best practices (daily prospecting, training, etc.)
- Consistently enter client data into CRM, Microsoft Dynamics, and Archtics ticketing system to aid in information sharing between sales and service as well as analytical data aimed at enhancing the Houston Texans sales processes
- Consistently maintain a strong sales pipeline and display the capability to manage a sales funnel effectively
- Maintain high level of customer service to existing and new clients of the Houston Texans
- Must possess an optimistic team-first attitude, as well as the competitive desire to be the best.
- Perform various other tasks that may be assigned from time to time by the Inside Sales Manager and other departmental managers.
Subject to reasonable accommodations, position requires routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
- High-energy level, self-motivation
- Willingness to engage in a high volume of outside calls and sales efforts
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high-energy environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage diverse and multiple projects with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability and internal drive to demonstrate a winning attitude and a strong work ethic in the performance of all job responsibilities
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop solid working relationships at all levels across the organization [and externally]
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to produce high-quality, accurate work within designated deadlines
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software applications
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university preferred.
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum one (1) year working experience in college/professional sales or service environment preferred.
Title: Inside Sales Representative
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Inside Sales Manager
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
The Houston Texans organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.