OEG Sports & Entertainment delivers North America’s leading sports and entertainment experiences to connect our fans to their passions. Located in the heart of the ICE District, OEG owns the 5-time Stanley Cup Champion Edmonton Oilers, the WHL’s three-time Memorial Cup Champion Edmonton Oil Kings, and the AHL’s Bakersfield Condors. OEG operates Rogers Place, North America’s premier and most technologically advanced sports and entertainment venue. The 18,647 seat, $480 million arena is among the most technologically enabled sports facilities in North America as well as the first LEED Silver-certified NHL Facility in Canada.
Our vision is to be a Global Leader in Sports & Entertainment. Together, we inspire our fans by connecting them to their passions, which is ours as well! We play hard as a team, and with devoted integrity towards our common purpose. We have commitments to innovation and growth, combined with performance excellence that ensures a fair return on investment. We develop our people to be leaders in our industry, and we invest in our communities. Through our world class talent, we strive to WIN. ON and OFF the ICE.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Manager, Ticket Operations, the Specialist, Ticket Operations is responsible for providing tactical leadership to facilitate and support sales and service initiatives for all OEG brands – Oilers, Oil Kings, Shows/Events. In addition, they are responsible for supporting the Ticket Sales and Ticket Service teams in the day-to-day use of our Ticketing system which is our primary revenue and customer database, ensuring the capture and integrity of product, customer, and sales information.
Your Focus in this Role:
- Execute the building of all ticket elements in Archtics and TM Host - including season, partial plan, voucher, group and retail products and events.
- Support all ticket projects from inception through execution. This includes troubleshooting and resolution, and recommending and implementing new ideas to improve the effectiveness of the Ticket Operations department
- Supports all setup, testing, launching and troubleshooting of all Account Manager tools for online ticket management including, but not limited to, Oilers, Oil Kings and Premium Licensee product campaigns (Renewals, Relocations & New Sales launches), online ticket purchases and redemptions (Account Manager) and ticket management (resale, transfer, donation and mobility functionality).
- Provide an exceptional level of customer service to internal customers, including Brand teams and Ticket Sales and Service groups, which ultimately supports our external customer base.
- Develop technical ticketing software training materials (Archtics, Account Manager, Host and other ticket related processes including voucher and gifting redemptions) for use by Service, Sales, and Box Office teams.
- Conduct data quality audits and coordinate data cleansing projects.
- Staff and Resource Support as required.
Who You Are:
- You’re a positive person with a customer-centric focus
- You’re a self-starter that is excited by autonomy and has a relentless drive to exceed expectations
- You’re open-minded and don’t mind adjusting on the fly
- You believe in a team-first mentality and you thrive in a collaborative, egoless environment
- You’re organized, have a keen eye for detail, and incredible time management skills
- You have a talent for building great working relationships at all levels within an organization
- You have the ability to execute exceptional organizational skills in the face of tight deadlines
- You are open and available to working flexible and unpredictable hours on weekdays, weekends and holidays as needed
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Undergraduate Degree or Certificate is preferred; in lieu of formal education, extensive experience in a related field may be considered.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a related field. Experience in a sports and entertainment environment is preferable.
- Experience with Ticketmaster software programs (Archtics, Host, Account Manager, tm1 Sales, EMT) is an asset.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to ensure excellent customer care to both internal and external clients.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Suite of products (Outlook, Excel, OneNote, Word).
What’s in it for you?
- 100% Employer Paid Benefits + RSP Matching Program
- Oilers, Oil Kings, and Live Entertainment Ticket Options
- Healthcare and Lifestyle Spending Account Options
- On-Site Parking and Transit Allowance
- On-Site Gym
- Beautiful Office Space located Downtown Edmonton within Rogers Place – with easy access to the LRT!
- Dog-friendly office space with an on-site dog park
- Social Work Culture + Employee Events
Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Those moving forward in the process will be contacted by a member of our team.
Stay in Touch!
Official Edmonton Oilers Website | NHL.com