The Inside Sales Representative for Ilitch Sports and Entertainment is responsible for driving sales of ticket packages for all sports and entertainment, primarily Red Wings and Tigers, through cold calling to generate new business. This position is also responsible for developing new customer relationships and strengthening relationships with existing customers.
- Meet or exceed both individual and team sales goals.
- Actively research and prospect new sales leads to sell for all sports and entertainment and partial plan ticket packages (additional goals for group and premium seating sales will be established).
- Meet or exceed a minimum of 75 outgoing cold calls per day in an effort to generate new business.
- Set a minimum of 10 face-to-face appointments per week in an effort to generate new business.
- Handle all incoming calls from sales prospects.
- Process ticket orders in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide excellent customer service to generate new clients and sales revenue, as well as repeat business and referrals.
- Network and implement sales promotion programs during all sports and entertainment events, as well as various other activities.
- Maintain and submit accurate daily, weekly and month reports on sales activity.
- Ensure timely collection of payments, monitor ticket fulfillment and maintain detailed records on purchase history.
- Contribute positively to the sales team atmosphere by developing mutually beneficial working relations with all sales team members.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- One year of related experience preferred, but not necessary.
- Knowledge and previous use of ticketing sources, but not necessary. Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Possess the highest integrity and ethical standards.
- Assertive, competitive, passionate, goal orientated and a strong work ethic.
- Have a friendly, professional and confident telephone manner.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills - must be able to manage schedule to achieve daily and weekly goals for calls, appointments and sales.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work long or unpredictable hours on weekdays, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Must possess knowledge of all Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience working in the sports and entertainment industry.
- Knowledge and previous use of ticketing sources preferred, but not necessary.
- Knowledge of sports and entertainment industry.
- Irregular and extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Exposure to high noise level.
- Frequent visual/auditory attention.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.