The Basketball Operations Intern at the Dallas Mavericks will play a pivotal role in supporting various facets of our basketball operations. Reporting to the Vice President & Chief of Staff of Basketball Operations, this internship offers a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience and exposure to the inner workings of a professional sports organization. The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, detail-oriented, and eager to learn about the operational aspects of the sports industry.
*Paid internship. No other employee benefits and relocation expenses will be covered.*
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in day-to-day basketball operations tasks, including but not limited to, Practice Facility Operations, Arena Operations, Team Logistics, Player Relations, and Kitchen Administrative Support
- Analyze current operational processes within different departments and identify areas for improvement or optimization to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide support in project management activities related to process improvement initiatives, ensuring timelines, resources, and milestones are met
- Aid in coordination of special events hosted at the Practice Facility
- Conduct research and analysis to support decision-making processes
- Provide administrative support by organizing documents, maintaining facility operations, maintaining databases, and preparing reports
Qualifications & Requirements
- Must be currently enrolled in a Jr. or 4-year college with a preferred concentration in Business Administration, Sports Management, Marketing, or related field.
- If applying for college credit you must be able to provide proof that credit will be earned toward your course of study (from school/registrar).
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must display a high level of confidentiality as information is considered highly sensitive and strictly confidential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- This position requires a high level of flexibility in working hours, including weekdays, weekends, and holidays
- A passion for sports and a keen interest in the basketball operations of the sports industry
The Dallas Mavericks provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.