The Columbus Blue Jackets are seeking an energetic individual who is enthusiastic and committed to promoting community development and partnerships to increase brand awareness and grow the game of hockey in central Ohio. The Community Development intern will assist with key projects directed to improving our community, sustaining the Blue Jackets’ reputation as a good corporate citizen, as well as assisting in the fundraising efforts for the Blue Jackets Foundation. Some projects included in this internship are: Blue Jackets Foundation Golf Classic, Blue Jackets Education Programs, and our donation request program
- Fundraising Event Assistance – Support department with special events and other fundraising, including Foundation Golf Classic, 50/50 raffle preparation, etc.
- Donation Procurement – Assist the CBJ Foundation in managing donation requests for the Golf Classic silent auction.
- Donation Fulfillment – Coordinate monthly CBJ merchandise donations including the database management/tracking of all requests, donation fulfillment, and inventory management
- Summer/School Year Education Programs – Assist Community Partnerships Manager in preparing and marketing summer and school year educational programming
- Foundation Donor Relations – Assist Foundation Manager as it relates to all Blue Jackets Foundation donor databases and donor communications
- Hockey Programing - Support the department programs like Summer Takeover, Get Out And Learn, Learn to Play.
- Knowledge and understanding of event planning
- Understanding of basic guest relations and customer service techniques
- Knowledge and understanding of database management
- Knowledge and understanding of community development strategies
- Must be available 20-30 hours per week from May through August
- Flexibility and willingness to work both traditional and non-traditional office hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must be enrolled in a four-year college or university and receive college credit for internship
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Valid driver’s license
Please note this is an unpaid internship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.