Spanish Communications Coordinator and Interpreter
Fill the critical role of a bilingual communications professional with a high-level of baseball information knowledge. This individual will serve as the point of contact for all Spanish-speaking media, both local and national, while also assisting with Spanish-language social media content. They will also help support players and coaches by serving as a Spanish-language translator for media and other interactions, and will be tasked with translating written materials as needed across the organization. This individual will also help coordinate multicultural marketing efforts while also playing a key role in club diversity initiatives.
- Spanish Communications & Media Relations: Proactively seek out ways to promote Latin players to international, national and local media.
- Cultivate, develop and maintain relationships with Spanish-speaking media, both locally and nationally.
- Compile personal bio information on all Latin players during Spring Training and through the season for distribution to media and for the media guide.
- Generate, develop and execute unique content concepts for Rockies Spanish social media accounts.
- Spanish Translation: Be available throughout the year as needed and/or scheduled (Spring Training, regular season, postseason and offseason events) to help Spanish-speaking players in media interviews or other public speaking opportunities.
- Help coordinate media training sessions in Spring Training, working closely with appropriate coaching and player development staff and leading the Spanish sessions.
- Attend organizational/charity events where Latin players are present, being available for translation needs, including coordinating communications with Spanish-speaking players for annual large-scale events, such as Rockies Fest and Rockies Winter Caravan.
- Translate written materials into Spanish for the organization, including but not limited to ticketing collateral like pocket schedules, staff communications and signage.
- Translate and provide English subtitles for Spanish-language videos for internal and external use.
- Baseball Information & Media Relations: Execute daily in-season game note research, and collaborate/help with the production of all communications materials including the media guide, daily game notes, social posts, postgame notes, etc.
- Native or fluent in spoken and written Spanish is required, plus excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Sports Management or related field a plus
- Passion for and knowledge of baseball is a must
- Knowledge of baseball nuances in the Spanish language and slang used surrounding the sport across different cultures is a must
- Professional image and demeanor, especially around baseball personnel and players
- Knowledge of international, national and local media a plus
- Strong ability to collaborate effectively with coworkers at various levels of the organization
- Ability to multi-task, time manage and organize
- Consistent, punctual and regular attendance; willingness to work long hours, weekends and holidays
WORKING CONDITIONS/WORK SCHEDULE:
- Heavy work schedule from mid-February through September, with possible extension into postseason; other months more traditional hours. Travel up to 40%, including Spring Training.
- Annual Salary: $60,000 - $65,000. This is a regular status, full-time position eligible for all company benefits including but not limited to Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision), Retirement, and accrued time off (Vacation/ Sick/ Holiday)
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis but must be received by February 13th, 2024 at 4 PM MST.
- The estimated time to complete the recruitment process will be April 5th, 2024.
- A note for Colorado Rockies employees:
- Please apply via the internal job board in UKG by following these prompts: MENU > MYSELF > MY COMPANY > VIEW OPPORTUNITIES > select the position > CONSENT > APPLY NOW
- If you cannot access UKG, please list your most recent Manager as an Employee Reference on your application.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Rockies baseball is for everyone! We pride ourselves on hiring, developing, and promoting talent as an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. In addition, we will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodation to otherwise qualified job applicants and employees with known physical or mental disabilities in compliance with the ADA. All employment and promotion decisions will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs.