Chicago Fire Football Club is a Major League Soccer team that was founded in 1997. The Club returned to Soldier Field as well as opened a new 50,000 square foot business office in the heart of the city. With tremendous growth and expansion, the Club is laying the foundation for an ambitious vision that will transform the Club in the coming years.
The Chicago Fire Football Club is seeking a dynamic and experienced Director, Event Services to lead our team in orchestrating top-tier events for our internal clients and fans. The Director, Event Services collaborates across all departments to provide a service focused approach to delivering on various event needs both on matchday and ancillary events throughout the year. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker, adept at managing relationships, and dedicated to delivering unparalleled service to our internal stakeholders.
- Develop and implement strategies to meet and exceed the expectations of internal clients/departments, ensuring their event needs are understood and delivered with excellence.
- Collaborate with various departments to understand their event requirements and provide tailored solutions that align with their objectives.
- Oversee the planning, coordination, and execution of all events, ensuring they meet quality standards, timelines, and budgetary guidelines.
- Liaison with vendors, agencies and relevant supplies to execute department event requirements.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders, fostering a culture of exceptional customer service and satisfaction.
- Develop standard set of documents including timelines, budgets, run-of-show, and event guides for each event.
- Responsible for maintaining the event calendar and creating event orders. Create purchase orders for rentals and services and process invoices in a timely manner.
- Drive innovation and improvement in event management processes, constantly seeking ways to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Monitor industry trends, best practices, and technological advancements to incorporate relevant innovations into our event services.
- Responsible for pre-event and post-event logistics and set up. Schedule and facilitate meetings to align with internal and external teams to review event plans and promptly address open items.
- Own all matchday event spaces and plans related to group sales, partnership marketing, sponsorship prospects, and other matchday partner events as needed.
- Lead and mentor an event manager to ensure seamless execution of events and projects.
- Point of contact for supplemental workforce to assist with events including overseeing, training, and supervising part-time staff as needed.
- Other related special projects and assignments to support event operations and the guest experience.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, hospitality, or related field preferred.
- 6+ years of event management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and leading a team, with a proven ability to motivate and inspire staff to achieve their goals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with other departments and stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Creativity and an ability to think outside the box to develop effective strategies.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, including all home games (or other work events) that fall on nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Willingness to learn in a fast-paced, performance-driven work environment.
- Ability to work autonomously and use excellent judgment.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to meet firm deadlines.
- Passion for creating memorable experiences for customers and promoting the organization's brand.
- Chicago Fire FC is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion. Our diversity initiatives start with the recruitment and selection process; therefore, we’d like to welcome all diverse candidates to apply to opportunities within our Club.
- CFFC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, sexual orientation, sexual orientation or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
- If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected] to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.