The Director, Partnership Activation oversees the Corporate Partnership Activation Team which involves building strong working relationships with key internal stakeholders, provides processes and procedures that effectively service, implementation and fulfill Club corporate partners with the 49ers. This position also builds relationships with partners along with proactive activation ideas in consultation with the Revenue Team finding the most mutually beneficial actions to execute the contract.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for providing and managing key processes and procedures for Activation team.
- Manages, hires, trains, and develops the Activation Team and interns.
- Leads and assists Activation Managers with all renewal discussions.
- Meets weekly with the Activation Team as a whole and individually to ensure the team is supported and provided professional development opportunities.
- Runs point on all partner stadium project meetings and supports Activation Managers on all partner stadium projects to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Manages and trains activation team on all resources used to support our partner deliverables and show ROI to our partners (KORE, Nielsen, YouGov Brand Index, MVPindex, Trak, etc.).
- Stays in constant communication with key internal stakeholders.
- Creates annual Proof of Performance template and ensures that each Activation Manager provides a Proof of Performance report at end of season to each partner.
- Runs point on Partnership Concierge and Activation Calendar.
- Responsible for managing and updating all Activation Manager reports (KPI trackers, etc.) and holding managers accountable for each of their goals and KPIs.
- Oversees Inventory Management (TV/Radio/LED/Social/Digital/Hospitality).
- Oversees and executes various department VIP events for partners.
- Responsible for oversight of partner onboarding process including creation of the Playbook.
- Meets with partners regularly to maintain relationships and provide partners with proactive activation ideas to help achieve objectives and goals.
- Oversees and ensures that partner monthly newsletters are sent to each partner.
- Provides monthly TV/radio affidavits and digital/social impressions reports.
- Plans and executes annual Partner Summit, Golf Tournament, and other partner events (run-of-show, presentation content, event budgets, logistics, etc.)
- Manage all partner communications and ensures partner database is kept up to date.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to use focus on a speaker using verbal and non-verbal clues to understand their message, comprehend the information and respond thoughtfully.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively build a network of contacts at all levels within the industry and in the community, both internally and externally.
- Establish credibility through timely, responsive, and truthful interactions.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback and advice to help others develop their skills and abilities.
- Creative and innovative; the ability to see alternatives and solutions.
- Ability to initiate, design, plan, execute, monitor, and evaluate outcomes of a project or initiative.
- Understands the most effective and efficient way to accomplish tasks within the parameters of organizational hierarchy, processes, systems, timelines, and budget.
- Organizational skills with the ability to manage time effectively, while balancing and prioritizing multiple or competing tasks.
Education and Experience:
- At least 8-10 years’ relevant work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Photoshop.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience in sports, event and/or entertainment sponsorship.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
The employee will be sitting in a typical office environment the majority of the time and may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
The employee is frequently required to sit, use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position may require the employee to work extended hours, weekends and/or holidays.
15% of local travel time expected for this position. 10% of travel time expected for the position both intra and interstate occasionally requiring overnight stay.
$145-160K + Bonus Potential