We are looking for a Part-Time Electrician to join our team here at Spurs Sports & Entertainment. This position is responsible for performing semi-skilled work in the installation, alteration, maintenance, and repair of the facilities electrical systems. Some key duties of this position include assisting in lighting maintenance, power issues, power distribution for events, and overall electrical support. Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter and have proficiency toward technical thinking, a desire to learn, and a safety-first mentality. We are committed to providing learning and growth opportunities within the organization. Some skills you can expect to gain in the role include blueprint reading, use of electrical tools, and equipment testing.
In every position, each employee is expected to: Demonstrate Alignment with SS&E’s Core Values and Mission, Collaborate with Internal/External Family Members and Demonstrate Ongoing Development.
- Responsible to assist journeyman electricians in the execution of their daily electrical responsibilities, including facilities readiness and event support.
- Assist in the maintenance / troubleshooting on all types of Electrical systems.
- Learn and demonstrate good electrical industry and safety regulations.
- Responsible to support the electrical department with inventory management and shop maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned
- 1 year of electrical trade school or apprentice experience.
- TDLR registered Electrical Apprentice required.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take direction and follow processes.
- Ability to think logically and follow trouble shooting methodology.
- Strong teamwork attitude required.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Willingness to learn to read Blueprints/Control Wiring Diagrams.
- Mechanical skills to learn conduit bending and the use of hand tools.
- Willingness to learn Electrical/Safety codes.
- Comfortable working at heights.
- Must pass background check and have a valid Driver’s License.