The Major League Strength & Conditioning Coach will serve as part of a comprehensive team in a high-performance professional baseball setting. This position is responsible for the supervision of the Strength & Conditioning (S&C) program for the Los Angeles Angels major league team and its athletes. Position will be assigned to coverage of the Los Angeles Angels and will require residence in that location in-season. Off season relocation to Tempe, Arizona, or nearby city to be determined.
This position is also benefit eligible including: medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K eligibility after 1 year of employment (employer matching and safe harbor) and additional perks not listed above. The expected salary for this position can range from $120,000.00 to $135,000.00. Final offers for this role will be made within the parameters of the salary range provided. Years of experience, skills, and other factors are considered when determining the salary offered.
- Perform the duties of a Major League Head Strength and Conditioning Coach in all things related to the strength and conditioning department.
- Collaborate with athletic training, physical therapy, and nutrition, collectively known as the Sport Performance Team, to provide the highest industry standard of care to athletes.
- Oversee the minor league strength and conditioning coordinators and affiliate strength and conditioning coaches.
- Assist with the collection of athlete related information and data.
- Educate athletes on proper and innovative training and recovery methods to ensure peak performance throughout the calendar year.
- Develop and maintain current, comprehensive strength and conditioning programs for all Major League Baseball (MLB) players; both in-season and off-season.
- Collaborate with field staff to maximize player performance.
- Perform and review movement assessments; adjust player programs as necessary, to provide highest level of care to athletes.
- Maintain a safe weight-room facility that meets industry standards and allows for best practice in athlete care and recovery.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience at the professional, collegiate, or equivalent level.
- Current licenses and certifications –CSCS, RSCC, or equivalent.
- Must be eligible for all federal and/or state licenses required to practice.
- Demonstrates through actions & interactions a commitment to the Los Angeles Angels championship season and beyond.
- Must be a committed professional with strong collaborative focus.
- Exhibit outstanding teaching, communication, and motivational skills.
- Ability to relate to athletes and generate program buy-in.
- Shall demonstrate the ability to be innovative and proactive in promoting new ideas and concepts.
- Must be committed to continual learning and education.
- Shall possess strong decision-making ability, knowing when to make a unilateral decision and when to consult with the Sport Performance Team or superiors, and how to involve them in the process.
- Shall incorporate strategic and critical thinking skills in formulating return to play programming, objectives, priorities, and implementing plans consistent with short- and long-term interests.
- Exemplifies a collaborative approach in dealing with Sport Performance Team members and vendors.
- Acts in a manner that is fair and ethical, and always with integrity.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office 365, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Movement assessment and corrective program implementation.
- Compliance with all rules and regulations set forth by MLB and any other governing body is of paramount importance to this position.
- Frequent travel required.
- Evening, weekend, and holiday work may be required.
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds with frequent lifting of weights up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time (5 hours or more per day)
- Frequent sitting, bending (neck, waist), squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting (neck, waist)
- Frequent and repetitive use of hand, simple grasping, pushing and pulling, reaching above and below shoulder.
- Ability to work in inclement weather
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The Angels believe that diversity contributes to a more enriched collective perspective and a better decision-making process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.