Houston Dynamo FC is seeking candidates for Stadium Operations Part-Time Assistant. This position is under the supervision of the Stadium Operations Manager and Stadium Operations Coordinator and generally includes performing event setups, troubleshooting calls during events, and assisting with daily operations of Stadium.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in all aspects of the conversion process for various event(s) execution. Duties include manually setting up and tearing down event equipment such as event flooring, tables, chairs, podiums, bike racks, banners, trash cans, etc and converting the Stage Right System for concerts and other events.
- Work alongside contracted labor staff that is hired for a setup or event.
- Report directly to the Stadium Operations Coordinator and complete all instructions provided by the Coordinator
- Have the ability Operate power tools and other equipment, such as, light trucks, pallet jacks, golf carts, forklifts, scissor lift, and any other machinery in a safe and professional manner.
- Assist other departments with any manual tasks and work with Facility Engineers for stadium maintenance projects at the discretion of the Stadium Operations Manager and Coordinator.
- Perform any preventative maintenance tasks on any Operations Equipment
- Report irregularities, discrepancies, damages, loss of property or any other safety concerns to either the Operations Manager or Coordinator.
- Assist in keeping inventory of building tools, machinery, cleaning supplies and building equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Must be able to work extensive hours, especially on weekends and holidays, and remain flexible to work odd hours
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must be able to handle manual labor job duties
- Ability to work independently to accomplish daily and event duties
- A valid driver’s license is a plus
- Must have the ability to receive certification to operate equipment such as pallet jacks, forklifts, scissors lifts and other machinery equipment
- Knowledge of safety practices and all applicable safety standards for public facilities
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, building tenants and the public
- Must have the ability to become certified in the current First Aid and safety procedures
SKILLS, ABILITIES & OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
- Experiences in using basic hand and power tools
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.