After more than 60 years away from Formula One, Aston Martin returned to the grid in 2021. Based in Northamptonshire, Aston Martin Aramco ® Formula One Team has more than 800 passionate people at its heart, making a team with both a rich heritage and a fresh perspective – bringing new energy to the sport with a determination to shake up the order and compete at the sharp end.
The Aston Martin era represents a journey for us, but the racer’s attitude and can-do approach remain central pillars in the team’s philosophy. The focus is always on improving performance and delivering results. With fresh investment and energy, the stage is set to build on Aston Martin’s rich history in motorsport and establish Aston Martin Aramco ® Formula One Team as a competitive force in the years ahead.
To succeed on this mission, the team is looking for talented individuals who share our passion for racing and hunger for competition. It’s a stimulating and rewarding place to work, with pure racing at the core of everything we do. We are building for a strong future and every member of the team will play an important role in our success.
We are a brave and united team who value authenticity, honesty, and are never afraid to question conventions. We embrace these values in ways that reflect our modern world. If you share our racer’s spirit and want to contribute to the next chapter in Aston Martin’s glorious history, please apply and join one of the most exciting projects in Formula One.
We have a new opportunity to be part of the Communications team in the role of Head of Internal and Partner Communications with an emphasis on user interface development.
In this role you will be required to:
- To work with the partnerships team to activate AMF1’s sponsors from an earned communications perspective – including launching new partners, retaining existing partner and attracting new prospects
- To assist the Director of Communications with the long-term planning of the communications team – making sure opportunities are not missed
- To stay abreast with regard to the thorough understanding of the long-term strategy of AMF1 and ensure strategic alignment of the communications team’s activity
- To maintain a good working knowledge of the objectives for AMF1’s key commercial partners and demonstrate the ability to add value across the roster of partners
- To work closely with the AML communications team and AMF1 partnerships team on brand and product integration for mutual benefit and earned coverage
- Seek new opportunities in non-F1 media and events – including lifestyle and business media verticals – included but not limited to CES, SXSW, Leaders events which appeal to our roster of partners and prospects
- To work closely with the HR team on a internal communications plan to support an inclusive, positive and constructive company culture
- As part of the strategic planning role, lead on long term budget preparation for the communications department working closely with Finance
- To work closely with marketing on lifestyle ambassador and influencer programmes for long-term benefit
- To lead on key corporate announcements including responsible business, ESG, new AMRTC, F1 Academy and AMPT projects as required
- To lead on the annual AMF1 car launch with a cross functional approach
- To chair, attend and proactively participate in meetings as required
- To work proactively, responsibly and professionally at all times and to respect and comply with the company’s reporting structure
- To maintain and develop skill levels to industry standard and maintain current and thorough working knowledge of public relations and communications
- Any other duties as reasonably requested aligned to you job role
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role, including strategic planning, internal communications and partnerships communications.
- Excellent working knowledge of lifestyle media and journalist contacts
- Previous experience as a communications expert or similar in a Formula One environment / high level Motorsport environment
- Available to travel as and when required to fulfil the requirements and objectives of the role
- Self-motivated and able to effectively and positively motivate others to thrive in a challenging environment
- Ability to calmly and confidently work under pressure, to achieve targets and deliver results within required timescales
- To communicate effectively, positively and respectfully with all colleagues
- To have a flexible attitude and ability to work as part of a team in a demanding and rapidly changing environment
- Be results orientated and be confident in your decision-making skills
- Be enthusiastic and versatile and be able to build, develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues
- Ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of and commitment to Health & Safety
The role will be based at our Silverstone headquarters and is primarily office-based with some remote working.
Aston Martin Formula One Team is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining the most talented individuals, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion, belief, sex or sexual orientation. We strive to be a Team that reflects all the communities with which we engage around the world through diversity in the workplace and promoting an inclusive culture in which all team members are respected, empowered and valued.