Reporting to the Senior Manager, Ticket Sales, the Account Executive, Ticket Sales is a revenue generating role with a primary focus on group sales, nightly suites sales, NATS PLUS Memberships and special ticket events. Responsibilities also include the planning, organizing, and execution of new and current group sales programs. The goals of the position are to achieve optimum ticket sales volume to ensure the desired sales results.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Focus on increasing revenue and attendance through full menu selling opportunities, specializing in:
- Group Ticket Sales (including theme nights and hospitality areas)
- NATS PLUS season ticket packages (full, half and partial plans)
- Premium Sales (including annual/nightly leases and club seating options)
- Develop strong account relationships with Group and Nightly suite book of business through scheduled and strategic account touchpoints
- Working Nationals home games to get in front of current and prospective clients, service game day accounts and utilize prospecting events throughout the season
- Identify opportunities to up-sell/cross-sell current client base
- Provide world class customer service to existing group accounts
- Contact leads for new group and season ticket packages through outbound sales efforts
- Coordinate and execute internal and external sales appointments on all potential customers through cold calling, prospecting and referrals from current customers
- Creatively prospect for new business opportunities that will grow the Nationals season ticket and group client base
- Attend networking, marketing and community events as needed
- Maintain a daily/weekly outbound call volume
- Host and visit current and prospective clients during home games
- Maintain organized computerized records of all current and prospective clients in company database (Salesforce)
- Submit planned activities on a daily basis prior to beginning sales day or leaving the office for outside sales calls
- Submit prompt accurate reports and maintain up-to-date accurate account records
- Attain individual and departmental sales goals set by management
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent military experience
- A minimum of two years’ work experience in professional/collegiate sports, specifically related to season ticket sales, group sales, premium sales or customer service/retention
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to speak clearly and present sales materials in front of top executives, clients and large groups
- Ability to network with the region’s top decision makers
- Ability to learn and master new software programs including Tickets.com and Salesforce
- Ability to complete basic contract invoices, templates and outlines
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maneuver around the ballpark while visiting clients and showcasing seating options to prospective clients during home games
- Must be able to work flexible hours as needed: including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Understanding the need for data integrity and attentiveness to maintaining accurate and timely data
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize all Microsoft Office products
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Gameday: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.