The Washington Commanders are looking for 2023 Seasonal Interns to join the IT team. The Washington Commanders are a professional American football team located in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. The team belongs to the East Division of the National Football Conference in the National Football League. The team's home stadium is FedExField in Landover, Maryland. Its headquarters and training facility is the OrthoVirginia Training Center at Commanders Park in Ashburn, Virginia. Washington has played more than 1,000 games since 1932 and has won five NFL Championships (two pre-merger, and three Super Bowls). The franchise has captured 15 NFL divisional titles and five NFL conference championships.
Dates of Internship: September 2023 – April 2024
Part-Time Internship (20 hours/week)
- Work with Technology staff to field basic trouble tickets and service requests
- Assist with support of phone system, telephones, and cell phones
- Distribute new PC’s and laptops as part of annual computer refresh program
- Plan, design and implement special projects at the direction of IT Staff
- Assist in improving the efficiency of the Washington Football Team IT organization
- Prepare documentation related to IT policies and procedures
- Candidate must be pursuing a degree or be up to 1-year post-grad.
- Familiarity with computers; experience with Microsoft Office suite of applications, especially Word, Excel, and Microsoft Edge
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to work with people
- Analytical, structured approach to problem solving
- Detail oriented, organized
- Strong writing skills and a desire to diligently document common processes and procedures
- Committed to going “above and beyond” to serve the customer
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and handle physically challenging tasks
- Desire to gain experience as a computer service professional in a demanding yet highly rewarding industry
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, while managing multiple projects/priorities
- Provide assistance with IT projects as needed
- Availability to work during standard support hours (M-F, 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM) along with occasional after-hours and weekend support
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to commute to the OrthoVirginia Training Center at Commanders Park located in Ashburn, VA, and FedExField located in Landover, MD
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.