The Premium Operations Manager will play a vital role in all operational aspects of the Premium Experience team for the Utah Jazz & Smith Entertainment Group. This position will play a key role in facilitating and executing operational initiatives that fulfill the department's business plan and support organizational objectives. The Premium Operations Manager will be responsible for the following:
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with department leadership to establish and facilitate strategic operational initiatives that foster the highest levels of collaboration and communication amongst the Premium Experience team.
- The operations manager will be responsible for scheduling our part time staff and managing staffing platforms, including but not limited to ABI and When I Work for the department’s part-time staff of around 60 people.
- Prior to each season, the operations manager will work with Premium Leadership to lead out on content for our part-time staff training. This is extensive content that will give them all the information they need to provide excellent customer service throughout the season in all premium spaces.
- This person will be responsible for building in our annual and contracted Jazz Notes and be able to help the team troubleshoot when any Jazz Note issues arise.
- This person will work closely with the Premium leadership on all premium arena signage needs. They will help with all premium signage, including but not limited to digital suite plaques, wayfinding signage, and table plaques.
- Help support to facilitate credential, wristband and lanyard ideation, creation and ordering
- This person will communicate credential details out to the guest services and security team on a game by game basis
- This person will lead out on Premium gifting logistics and ordering
- This person will lead out on Premium Event logistics and booking
- This person will act as a liaison between the Premium Experience team and several other departments we work with including but not limited to Corporate Partnerships and Marketing
- Exemplify the Utah Jazz Mission & Values: Transparency, All In, Community Obsessed, One Team, and Scrappy
- Accept other duties, as assigned by the premium experience leadership team
- Builds Relationships – Thrives in developing new relationships with peers, internal colleagues and premium clients
- Team Mentality – Cares about the success of teammates as much as their own and demonstrates it through their actions
- Disruptor - Willing to think big, take risks and even fail in order to learn and achieve long term objectives
- Decision quality – Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Extreme Organization and Timeliness - This role will have a huge impact on the organization and amount of work the entire Premium team will be able to accomplish and you must demonstrate extreme organization and timeliness to do this job effectively
- Flexibility - Being willing to pivot as the sports industry is always evolving and changing on a daily basis
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent training and experience.
- Minimum of 2+ years career experience in account management, operations, customer service or hospitality industry preferred.
- Proven ability to establish rapport with others and build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Needs to be a positive team player who is detail oriented, self-motivated, flexible, energetic, outgoing, and resilient.
- Must possess exceptional communication skills and the ability to effectively handle conflict management.
- Must be analytical and possess creative problem solving and decision-making skills. Ability to organize and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong technology skills; proficient applications including but not limited to Google Docs Editors Suite, Word, Excel, Access, Slack, Vozzi, and Seatgeek
- Knowledge of inventory management software and CRM is ideal
- Able to work flexible schedule when required; Availability and willingness to work extended hours, including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary
- This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally.
- This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess.
- This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
- This person must be able to lift 20 lbs.
The Utah Jazz provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and the Utah Jazz reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.